10 Best Songs For Summer Running
Whether you need a pick me up or some steady fuel for your fire, here is the list of 10 best songs for summer running. Running songs can be used for paced workouts or simply for some energy and motivation. Summer is the absolute best time for running because you aren't stuck inside on that go-nowhere machine.
- ''Light My Fire'' - The Doors. This is a great song to start off any workout. Before you are brunt out, and as you are just getting "pumped," this song is just what you need to get into the groove.
- "Stronger" - Kanye West. Just the lyrics to this song are enough to get you ready to run for days. Pair them up with a grooving beat, and you've got a recipe for longevity. Feel free to put this on repeat.
- "Epic" - Faith No More. Mike Patton's music genius knows no bounds. The voice, lyrics and music riffs in this song are bound to perk up any slacking runner. This song deserves a spot on anyone's ten best songs for summer running list.
- "Summer Of '69" - Bryan Adams. This is a feel good song which is the epitome of summer attitude. Listening to this song while running can give you steady energy and keep your mood light. This is the perfect choice for the middle of an extended run.
- "Pump It" - Black Eyed Peas. This song is perfect mid-running energy. Try not to break into a dance move mid-stride, and you can run four more miles!
- "Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen. A clever play on words? Perhaps, but "Born to Run" is the perfect feel-good song for long and steady running.
- "Highway to Hell" - AC/DC. The beat and screeching lyrics of this song are great for a bit of energy, but are even better for blocking everything else out. That slight cramp in your side or horrible yapping dog can be drowned out as you just keep on going.
- "Truckin'" - Grateful Dead. While this song won't get you pumped or add any energy during run, it is one of the best songs for warming up and cooling down. That's why it deserves a spot on the ten best songs for summer running.
- "Barracuda" - Heart. Perhaps it's cliche, but how can you not get pumped up just by listening to the opening riffs of "Barracuda"? Just be sure not to sing along and no one even has to know.
- "Remember The Name" - Fort Minor. This steady chime and electric lyrics allow you to put a little attitude into your workout. Listen to it pre-run for some motivation and during the run to keep you inspired.
These songs will give you bursts of energy and each has a unique way of helping you while running. Why not try making a playlist which has them all?