Here are the 10 best songs that talk about drugs in many different outlooks. Everyone has their own opinion on drugs and each of these songs just begin to touch on the hundreds possibly thousands of songs that talk about drugs in the music industry.
- Tim McGraw released a CD that has a song entitled “Drugs or Jesus”. This song explains the constant struggle within the world of which road to take; the road that leads to drugs, or the road that leads to Jesus. This song clearly makes its point for Jesus over drugs when it says, “Everybody just wants to get high. Sit and watch a perfect world go by. We’re all looking for love and meaning our lives. We follow the roads that lead us, to drugs or Jesus.”
- “Losing My Way” is an amazingly breath taking upbeat ballad by Justin Timberlake. This is one of the best songs that talks about drugs because it is telling the story of a man that lost his way due to his addiction to drugs. One of the most shocking yet realistic lyrics is “…and the craziest thing is I’ll probably never know the color of my daughter’s eyes”.
- One of the best songs that talk about drugs in a very hidden way is “The Candy Man” by Sammy Davis Jr. There were many years that this song was considered a controversial issue, many saw the simplistic happy idea while others ranted that it was inappropriate for all of the children’s movies because it was about drugs. It was revealed many years after being recorded that this song was in fact about drugs.
- One of the infamous stoner anthems is “Smoke Two Joints” by Sublime. Of course if you know anything about stoner anthems you know that this song was not only performed by Sublime, but it is the most popular version of the song. This song is all about the joys of smoking joints all day long.
- Of course The Rolling Stones cannot be off the list of best songs that talk about drugs, not with songs like “Mother’s Little Helper”. The Rolling Stones is a band that was always at the top of the charts and surrounded by rumors of drug use and abuse so it was no shock when they released the song “Mother’s Little Helper” in 1996.
- Neil Young released “The Needle and the Damage Done” on his album in 1972 and is one of the best songs that talks about drugs. This song was written by Neil Young to show the horrific downward spiral that heroin addiction forced his friends to take. “I’ve seen the needle and the damage done. A little part of it in everyone, but every junkie’s like a settin’ sun” is just one of the startling verses of this song.
- There is no question that The Velvet Underground song entitled “Heroin” talks about drugs. It is also no question that it is one of the best songs talking about drugs. This song was also found to be extremely controversial because while it talks about drugs it does not say that drugs are unacceptable either.
- Unlike most of the songs that talk about drugs “Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)” by Kenny Rogers and The First Edition was written about LSD. The purpose of this song is to warn people about the dangers of psychedelic drugs.
- “Wasted Time” by Skid Row was written for their drummer Steven Adler, and has always been a beloved song about drug addiction. This song too shows the battle that people feel when they have to deal with drug addiction of someone they love.
- “Purple Haze” is more than a just a type of drug it is also one of the best songs about drugs by Jimi Hendrix. “Purple Haze” is all about how the type of cannibas makes Jimi Hendrix feel when he takes the drug, “Purple haze all in my brain. Lately things just don’t seem the same. Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why” is just a short verse from the song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.