If you hammer on your snooze button as much as we do, this list of the ten best songs to wake up to might help you out. Regular alarm clock buzzes are boring and easily ignored. What you need is music that demands you get out of bed.
- “Wake Up” by Rage Against the Machine. You may remember this song from the ending to “The Matrix,” when Neo “woke up” from the false reality he had been living in his entire life. What better song to pump you up in the morning and make you want to smash all the machines that are imprisoning you? Then again, you could go back to sleep and dream about a thick, juicy steak…
- “Good Morning Good Morning” by The Beatles. If you’re waking up from a week-long LSD binge, this song is the best pick for you. Culled from the “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” album, the song is all sunshine and psychedelic mushrooms.
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham! What better way to motivate yourself to get out of bed then by having your alarm clock blare some Wham! just out of reach of your worn-out, inadequate arms? You will spring out of bed faster than George Michaels can get himself arrested for public indecency, making this one of the best songs to wake up to.
- “Wake Up” by Arcade fire. OK, so it’s the second song titled “Wake Up” on this list, but you can’t beat Arcade fire for rousing morning music. If you manage to wake up to this song and not be happy, you probably need some hardcore anti-depressants.
- “Come to Daddy” by Aphex Twin. This song will just freak you out so much that you will either get out of bed or suffer from a nervous meltdown. Or, potentially, both. Either way, the ear-abusing buzzsaw synthesizer and creepy refrain “I want your soul” is a memorable way to start your morning.
- “Rocket” by The Smashing Pumpkins. This song sounds like blasting off into space, so why not use it to blast off out of your bed? Plus, it will remind you of a better time when The Smashing Pumpkins were actually a really good band. Now if only Billy Corgan would wake up and realize how awful his music has become.
- “Red War” by Probot. Dave Grohl’s heavy metal side project Probot may have been short-lived, but it produced some pretty memorable music. “Red War” is a loud, aggressive song that will have you up out of bed and kicking ass in no time flat. If you need an early-morning testosterone injection, this is one of the best songs to wake up to.
- “Sexy Boy” by Air. If you’d rather wake up feeling attractive instead of aggressive, this is your song. The warm lyrical refrain will ensure that you wake up with a substantial case of morning wood.
- “Minimum Wage” by They Might Be Giants. If you’re one of the many people trying to get by on minimum wage, this is a great song to wake up to. The rousing vocals and startling whip crack will wake you up, and the playful silliness of the song will make you chuckle before you head out to your soul-crushing, dead end job.
- “I Woke Up This Morning” by A3. You may recognize this song as the opening theme to “The Sopranos,” when character Tony Soprano makes his commute through the depressing New Jersey landscape. Wake up to this song and you can pretend that you, too, are a powerful organized crime kingpin with deep-rooted oedipal issues.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …