10 Best South America Travel Destinations
The 10 Best South America Travel Destinations offer all the adventures this Continent has to offer. Enjoy the old world mixed with the new world and see how they live side by side in harmony. Visit the majestic waterfalls or travel to the luscious mountainsides. Whatever you chose to do in South America boredom will never be an option. Below are the 10 best South America travel destinations.
- Machu Picchu, Peru. As the best known archeological site on the continent, Machu Picchu, Peru is one of the best South America travel destinations. This ancient city was never revealed to the Spaniards until the 20th century and even today Machu Picchu remains mysterious. Receiving 2500 visitors during it's peak season this ancient lost city remains a top travel spot.
- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. Charles Darwin, the evolutionary biologist was this island's most famous visitor making The Galapagos Islands one of South America's best travel destinations. On this island, the sea lions are boss, even though over 30,000 people live on this South American island.
- Brazil. White beaches, palm trees and a very deep blue Atlantic covering over 700 km make Brazil a very popular South America travel destination. The most popular attractions in Brazil are the Amazon and the Pantanal. These two attractions are host to the greatest biodiversity in the world. River rafting, kayaking, snorkeling and trekking are just a few of the activities to enjoy on this South American travel destination.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Famous for the breath taking beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema make Rio de Janeiro, Brazil another one of the best South America travel destinations. Luscious rain forests, breath taking mountains and white sand beaches leave visitors thinking they were in paradise after visiting Rio de Janeiro.
- Cartagena, Columbia. Known as the city of romance, Cartagena, Columbia is also one of the best South America travel destinations. Cobbled alleyways and huge balconies covered in the beautiful bouganvilla flowers make sightseeing a very relaxing exercise. Outdoor cafe's provide the opportunity to admire the horse-drawn carriages.
- Kaieteur Falls, Guyana. No other Falls compare to the Kaieteur Falls making it one of the best South America travel destinations. 30,000 gallons of water per second are shot out over a cliff in the middle of a misty ancient jungle. Fascinating animal life make the walk to the falls even more exciting. The showy scarlet cock-of-the-rock birds will make an appearance as well as the tiny golden frog, famous for dart poison for the indigenous people.
- Parque Nacional Madidi. Visiting Rio Madidi which is protected by the Parque Nacional is one of South America's best travel destinations. This area is home to a huge variety of wildlife which come from the low rainforests to the grand Andean peaks. Enjoy New World Mammal species, tropical amphibian species and 10% of all bird species known to science.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. Enjoying the cosmopolitan existence of the new world and the old world mixed together and you get Buenos Aires, Argentina making it one of the best travel destinations in South America. Fancy stores and restaurants sit beside old world downtrodden areas.
- San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. Positioned in the heart of Chile's northern section make San Pedro de Atacama one of the best South America travel destinations. Nearby lies the countries largest salt flat with pink flamingos and volcanoes. Steaming geysers and other fascinating rock formations make San Pedro de Atacama a must see spot.
- Rio Iguacu, Foz do Iguacu. Rising in the coastal mountains and picking up tributaries along the way and then plunging into the tiered falls make the Rio Iguacu one of the best South America travel destinations. The falls are so huge that the are shared between Brazil and Argentina. On both sides a national park surrounds the waterfalls and provides for more adventure.