If you’re in need of relaxation and beautiful scenery, take advantage of these 10 best Southern California weekend getaways. The following locations are full of fun vacation activities. Whether you want to spend a weekend with a girl, friends or solo, you’ll find just what you’re looking for with these hotspots.
- Malibu If you live near Los Angeles and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, head over to Malibu for a relaxing Southern California weekend getaway. You can enjoy the beach or head out on a hiking adventure through Malibu Canyon or Escondido Falls, which contains scenic waterfalls.
- La Jolla For the perfect Southern California weekend getaway, head over to La Jolla, north of Downtown San Diego. Check out the coves, parks and beaches of La Jolla during the day and the many restaurants at night.
- Laguna Beach This Orange County beach town has some breathtaking views and is a great place to go for a Southern California weekend getaway. Cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway to admire lavish beach houses on the bluffs. You’ll also want to check out the city's many art galleries. Laguna Beach provides a great romantic spot as well.
- Big Bear Snow does actually exist in Southern California and if you’re looking for a snowy winter adventure, head over to this resort located east of Riverside. Snuggle up with a lovely lady in your cabin or hit the slopes for a skiing and snowboarding adventure.
- Santa Barbara This town comes with both relaxing hangouts and plenty of party spots. If you want to sightsee, you can check out Old Mission Santa Barbara, built in 1700. You can also always bask in the beach sun and then head to Old Town for food, music and partying.
- Palm Springs This more retro Southern California location provides the perfect weekend getaway if you want to pretend you’re back in the 1960s. Enjoy a dry martini at your hotel and head out to one of the many golf courses in town.
- Santa Ynez If you’re looking for a low-key Southern California weekend getaway, head to Santa Ynez, a vineyard-filled area located north of Santa Barbara. Enjoy great food and all day wine tasting for the perfect three-day vacation.
- Ojai This Southern California weekend getaway, located northeast of Ventura, offers tourists a relaxing, outdoor vacation. Ojai is right next to Los Padres National Forest, which offers a huge area of terrain to explore.
- Catalina This island right off Southern California provides the perfect weekend getaway. Take a boat over from Long Beach or Orange County and enjoy some scuba diving and animal watching. You can see buffalo and seals along the island’s bluffs and also enjoy some great seafood.
- Joshua Tree If you want to get away from the crowds and bask in desert beauty, head to the place that inspired bands like U2. This is the perfect Southern California weekend getaway for you and your guy friends, where you can camp out in the wilderness and tackle the national preserves during the day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …