Here, for your enjoyment, are the 10 Best Spanish Ballads. Latin music became very popular beyond its frontiers long ago. Despite the lively music that made crowds all around the world dance wildly, Spanish and Latin American artists have created many romantic, moving songs that have delighted fans over decades.
- "Bésame Mucho" Composed in 1932, "Bésame mucho" is a classic love song that many artists have recorded and almost everyone that speaks Spanish has sung at some time or other. Although this oldie is really famous, its Mexican composer, Consuelo Velázquez, remains unknown to the general public.
- "Yolanda" Fulfilling most girls' dream of having a song especially written for them, "Yolanda" is undoubtedly one of the best Spanish ballads of all time. This musical poem was composed in 1969 by the Cuban singer and songwriter Pablo Milanés who dedicated it to his first wife. This moving love song became so famous that many girls were named after it, particularly in the 70's.
- "Un Beso y Una Flor" At the same time, in 1974, Spanish singer Nino Bravo achieved great success with "Un beso y una flor". This beautiful song is still very popular for many generations of Spanish and Latin American people. It's a farewell song that brings tears to the eyes of those who have experienced a difficult goodbye. "At the time of parting, a kiss and a flower, an 'I love you', a caress and a 'goodbye'…"
- "Rayando el Sol" In mid-80's Mexico lived a musical movement "Rock en tu idioma" or "Rock in your language", causing many native groups to emerge. Amongst the most famous is Maná. In 1991 they released their first CD "Falta amor", "Lack of Love" in English, including the first of many hits to come "Rayando el sol" became one of the best Spanish ballads.
- "Bailar pegados" Also in 1991 but on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, Sergio Dalma represented Spain, his homeland, in the famous European musical festival of Eurovision. The song was "Bailar pegados" and even though it didn't win, it launched Sergio Dalma's career. The song, among the best Spanish ballads, became a big success on both sides of the Atlantic.
- "La Soledad" Laura Pausini is a famous Italian singer who is loved by Spanish and Latin American people. Daughter of a musician, Laura began to sing at an early age. In 1994, her first Spanish CD had one of the best Spanish ballads, "La Soledad", a song about a teenage love.
- "Corazón Partío" Beyond any doubt, "Corazón partío" has a place of honor among the best Spanish ballads. Its composer, Alejandro Sanz, is a Spanish singer performing romantic music with flamenco influences. Released in 1997, "Corazón partío" was the biggest hit of this internationally famous singer, winner of two Grammy and seventeen Latin Grammy Awards.
- "Dejaría Todo" Arriving in 1998 Chayanne, the Puerto Rican singer, actor and dancer cried to his loved one that he was dying day by day in the famous "Dejaría todo". The song was part of "Atado a tu amor", a CD where Chayanne showed his romantic side and was a huge success in the Spanish speaking countries.
- "Amarte es un Placer" The end of the 20th century saw "Amarte es un placer", an album by the versatile Mexican and constantly awarded singer Luis Miguel. The title song was an international hit and is considered one of the best Spanish ballads. This passionate love song is part of his many successes.
- “Es por Ti" Juanes, Colombian composer, singer and well-known social activist, became world famous in 2000 with his first album "Fíjate bien", in English "Pay good attention". Two years later, "Un día normal", "An ordinary day", delighted his fans with social-content songs like "A Dios le pido" and one of the best Spanish ballads "Es por ti", “It’s Because of You”, winner of two Latin Grammy Awards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)