10 Best Sport Stars Of All Time
The 10 best sports stars of all time hail from different backgrounds and played in different periods of time. Whether they jumped, swung, ran or caught, however, each of the athletes is considered to have been the best. Below is a list of the 10 best athletes of all time.
- Michael Jordan. As if anyone can take their eyes off the man who soars through the air…while sticking out his tongue. This athlete transformed basketball into what it’s known today. Jordan is undoubtedly one of the best sports stars of all times.
- Tiger Woods. The man practically created golf—really, who watched it before he graced the screen? After he came along the sport drew more fans and participants than ever before. Known for his extreme dedication and awesome skill, Woods will forever be known as the man who made golf interesting.
- Babe Ruth. For 39 years Ruth held baseball’s record for most home runs. Not only that, but the man also pitched. Baseball players have tried to match his skill in front of and at home plate ever since. Babe Ruth is one of the best athletes in baseball history.
- Mohammad Ali. Busting into the world of sports in the Rome Olympics, Ali is known as not only the world’s best boxer, but also a great person. Ali didn’t box for three years that are normally a prime boxer’s years, but still returned to defeat every other champion in the ring. For boxing, Mohammad Ali is one of the best athletes of all time.
- Wayne Gretsky. The man skated on ice while other men flew at him carrying sticks and the man still managed to score 200 points in a season – four times. Gretsky began playing hockey in his backyard, and went on to have one of the most impressive records in the NHL. The player definitely deserves the title of a great athlete
- Jerry Rice. Holding the record for most touchdowns (208), Rice is widely recognized as one of the best athletes in the NFL. With three super-bowl rings to choose from, Rice is one of the best athletes of all time.
- Wilt Chamberlain. Known for scoring more than 100 points in a single game and 4,000 points in a season, Chamberlain is often heralded as one of the best basketball players in the history of the game. He held the record for all-time career points for years and was also the top rebounder for more than half of the years he played. The awe-inspiring, over seven foot tall Chamberlain is one of the best athletes in sports history.
- Nolan Ryan. Pitching for four teams over his 27 year career, Ryan’s pitches were regularly recorded at over 100 miles per hour. The athlete carries the title of having pitched the most no-hitters in baseball history. For his skill, and frankly his speed, too, Ryan is one of the best baseball stars of all time.
- Joe Nameth. The quarterback’s stats are more than impressive: 220 interceptions, 1,886 completed passes, 27,663 yards, but Nameth can also boast of his 173 touchdown and being able to predict the future – specifically that of winning the 1969 Super Bowl. Nameth’s skill makes him one of the greatest sports stars.
- Mickey Mantle. During his entire career, in which he played only for the Yankees, Mantle won seven of the twelve World Series he played in. That’s pretty impressive considering his career was only eighteen years long. Mantle, though, is best known for being a switch hitter. Induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame aside, Mantle is one of the best athletes of all time.