Most guys love sports bars, and here are the 10 best sports bars in San Francisco. In case you're heading that way soon, take a quick note of where to go for the best beer and sports-related entertainment.
- Bus Stop. The name sounds kind of crazy, but this sports bar offers you a lot of fun. If you like it rowdy and loud, then plan a visit to this sports bar. You’ll find billiards, happy hour and plenty of beer. Bus Stop: 1901 Union St., San Francisco, CA 94123, (415) 567-6905.
- Greens Sports Bar. One of the 10 best sports bars that is just plain relaxing. Take a break to engage in some meaningful conversation with your buddy over a couple of drafts and a game of pool. Well, the conversation’s out of the question. The beer is not. Greens Sports Bar: 2239 Polk St., San Francisco, CA 94109, (415) 775-4287.
- Kezar Pub. Find pool, food and fifteen televisions to watch your favorite games when you visit this pub. Not a bad way to spend the evening. Kezar Pub: 770 Stanyan St., San Francisco, CA 94117, (415) 386-9292.
- Union Square Sports Bar. You’ll find billiards, arcade games and loads of beer at this sports bar. This is a group-friendly sports bar, so bring all your friends with you, or meet new ones while you enjoy the atmosphere. Union Square Sports Bar: 115 Mason St., San Francisco, CA 94102, (415) 345-8484.
- Mad Dog in the Fog. You know with a name like this, you’ll have an interesting time. They offer happy hour specials and live entertainment. Mad Dog in the Fog: 530 Haight St., San Francisco, CA 94117, ( 415) 626-7279.
- Overtime Sports Bar & Grill. This sports bar provides a terrific atmosphere for patrons. You’ll find great plasma TVs for watching the games. Overtime Sports Bar & Grill: 398 Seventh St., San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 863-1688.
- The Abbey Tavern. A nice little Irish pub that offers arcade games, billiards and lots of friendly fun. Check out the live music while you’re there. The Abbey Tavern: 4100 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94118, (415) 221-7767.
- Jake’s Steaks. Enjoy great food and a terrific atmosphere. It’s small inside, but the patrons are rowdy enough when a good game’s on. Jake’s Steaks: 3301 Buchanan St., San Francisco, CA 94123, (415) 922-2211.
- Harry’s Bar. Watch the game while you eat some of the best bar food in town. You can always find drink specials when you stop by. Harry’s Bar: 2020 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA 94115, (415) 921-1000.
- Pete’s Tavern. A very nice bar scene that offers a lot of space for enjoying the billiards, full bar and plasma TVs. If you get hungry, take a seat in the restaurant. The food is pretty good. Pete’s Tavern: 128 King St., San Francisco, CA 94107, (415) 817-5040.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.