10 Best Spring Break Locations
Before graduating, there is one college ritual you have to enjoy: partying in one of the 10 best spring break locations. Get your buddies together and prepare for a week of sun, beaches, parties and tanned girls in bikinis at one of these hot spots.
- Panama City, Florida. The original spring break destination, Panama City pulls out all the stops for the thousands of college kids that invade its shores. Beach parties attract major sponsors who give away freebies during the day and clubs attract huge crowds every night.
- Cancun, Mexico. One of several popular spring break locations in Mexico, which has a legal drinking age of 18, Cancun attracts hordes of hot women every year. The clubs stay open until past 3 a.m. most nights for those who can survive that long after a day full of partying on the beach.
Lake Havasu, Arizona. Various reports estimate that about 15,000 to 20,000 revelers will pack this small town in the last three weeks of March. Your best bet? Pool your money with your friends and rent a houseboat on the lake to attract people looking for a spot to hang out.
- Acapulco, Mexico. You'll find ridiculous parties all over Acapulco, along with bikini contests on the beer-drenched beaches. At night, clubs offer fun themes like foam parties and cheap drinks.
- Nassau, Bahamas. Not far from the Florida coast, Nassau offers a foreign flavor (but everybody speaks English), beautiful beaches, gambling and hot clubs, and anyone 18 or older can drink. Take a quick cruise down for even more fun.
Las Vegas, Nevada. If everybody you're traveling with is 21, Las Vegas is the best spring break location for your group. Stay on the strip and hit a different pool every day and a different club every night while enjoying great restaurants and the finest casinos in America.
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. This beach town is packed with all-inclusive resorts that offer ridiculous pool parties, clubs and all you can drink. At night, you can opt to leave your resort to hit up Cabo Wabo and/or many other clubs downtown, just a cheap cab ride away.
- Daytona Beach, Florida. Florida's other major spring break location, Daytona Beach offers 23 miles of beaches and hotels that cater to college kids with cheap rooms. Gigantic beach parties are a major draw here.
- Negril, Jamaica. If you and your buddies love getting down to reggae or dancehall music, hop a plane or cruise ship to this spot in Jamaica and experience some of the best clubs this tiny island nation can offer.
- Rosarito Beach, Mexico. While less popular than some of the other Mexican spring break locations, this beautiful spot is easy to reach because it's just 18 miles south of the border in Baja California. The beach is more relaxing than party-filled, but the nightclubs roar to life after sundown.