10 Best Stand Up Paddles For Men
The key to successful paddle surfing in the men's competition circuit is to invest in one of the 10 best stand up paddles for men. Stand up paddle surfing is one of the most popular forms of surfing and has spawned a wide variety of competitions all over the world.
- C4 Waterman. The C4 Waterman is hand-crafted in a single piece of 100% carbon. They offer a curved shape specially designed to skim over the water for the least resistance and maximum speed and handling. While, they are made with a standard 9" paddle size, you can custom order paddles for paddle size, height and pad designs. Paddle length recommendation is 6"-8" taller than the paddler. They also offer their original one piece carbon paddle and a two piece carbon paddle for easy travel and storage.
- Quickblade Kanaha-FG. Among male rides the Kanaha is the most popular. This paddle features a fiberglass shaft and carbon glass shaft. The molded grip allows for ultimate performance without slipping and comfort over the span of a competition. This paddle is also available in three different options: standard, 2-piece and adjustable. The 2-piece allows for easy storage and travel. The adjustable allows for varying heights and is the easiest to fit to your build.
- Wooden SUP Paddle- The Ocho. While many competitors consider carbon fiber to be the best of the best, wooden paddles are out school and becoming more popular, especially with amateur paddle board surfers. The Ocho offers the same slender look with a beautiful cedar construction with fiberglass reinforcements. It sports a standard blade size of 8".
- Kialoa Nalu Stand Up Paddle. Kialoa puts out a variety of paddles including ones specially designed for women, children and those on a budget. The Nalu is designed with extra heavy duty construction and extremely fit or strong paddlers in flat water competitions. This paddle is designed to hold traction between swells. The blade measures 9.25". There are three graphics to choose from and 10 paddle sizes to choose from ranging 68" to 86".
- Bamboo Paddles. Bamboo paddles offer the advantages of a wood paddle with the lightweight function of a carbon or other material paddle. Bamboo paddles are handcrafted in Hawaii and flex more than carbon paddles. This added flexibility is easier on the tendons and joints than more rigid paddles. Blade Length measures 8 5/8" and the paddle height is 16 1/2".
- Bending Branches Wave Hound. This paddle is design from the innovation of altering a canoe paddle to work with stand up paddle surfing. This paddle is made from a combination of wood for natural flex and fiberglass for strength and durability. The Wave House boasts a break strength of 400 lbs. The rounded corners help reduce breakage and torque.
- Whiskeyjack Bootlegger. The Whiskeyjack Bootlegger is sustainably created and hand crafted so no two are alike. They use the finest cedar available and all their paddles come with a one year warranty. The Bootlegger comes in four different sizes: 74", 76", 78" and 80". The Whiskeyjack Bootlegger is specifically designed for strength.
- Riviera PRO Danny Ching Carbon Fiber Paddle. This paddle is a carbon fiber design with a 10 degree angled blade measuring 17.5" length and 8.5" width. This is one of the best paddles to use in professional competitions and when training to hone your skill.
- C4 Stendy Adjustable Paddle. This is a great composite stand up paddle that allows you to almost instantly change the height of the paddle from 60" to 83". The fiberglass shaft offer flexibility. The ball grip maintains alignment with the blade.
- Aquaglide Carbon Paddle. This paddle is light, but stiff and responsive with powerful glides. This paddle is available in 2-piece, adjustable and standard.