10 Best Stand Up Paddles
The ten best stand up paddles range from ocean to flat-water paddles. Stand up paddles should be seven inches taller than the user so when buying a paddle make sure you get the correct length. Here is a list of stand up paddles that are great to use on the water:
- Bic Aluminum SUP Adjustable 170 - 210 Paddle is a great buy at less than $150. Multiple people can use this paddle because it adjusts to the person’s height. This fiberglass aluminum paddle is great for several standup paddling sports and weighs less than three pounds.
- Hobie SUP Fibercore Paddle HFP was initially designed for racing though it is versatile in all paddling sports, which is great considering the price for the paddle is under $250. However, the shaft of the paddle is lightweight so that it can move quickly through the surf allowing the user to have an even, steady stride.
- Werner Spanker Stand Up Paddleboard Paddle is lightweight allowing for easy stroke through the surf. This paddle allows the user to adjust to four different lengths for easier paddling. If you are looking for a paddle that will give you control over your strokes then this paddle, which is just under $350, is the perfect one for you.
- Werner Nitro Stand Up Paddleboard Paddle is a one-piece shaft that most paddlers enjoy when out on the surf. Nitro is under $300 but don’t let this cheap price fool you. This paddle offers dynamics that its competition does not, having a longer, thinner blade that gives better performance in both surfing and turning. This lightweight paddle has the durability for paddlers who enjoy faster wave strokes and also those who want to take it easy on the water.
- Kialoa Shaka Puu paddle weighs only 22 ounces and is made of carbon fiber material. Though the Shakka paddle is lightweight, it is versatile in many standup paddle sports. The blade on this paddle allows the user to accelerate faster while still having a relaxed grip on the handle. The Shaka is under $350 dollars so if you are looking for a paddle that will give you extra power at a reasonable price this is the paddle to buy.
- Methane Kialoa Stand Up Paddle is great for those looking for a paddle that allows them to maneuver easily in the surf. This paddle is made of 100 percent carbon fiber therefore making it one of the lightest paddles on the market. Because of the paddle being so lightweight the targeted consumers are women and surfers. The length and sturdiness of this paddle makes the purchasing price of under $350 a great deal.
- SurfTech SUP Carbon Nautical Paddle is perfect for users who enjoy flat water paddling and don’t want to pay over $300 for their paddle. This lightweight paddle is made up of half carbon and half fiberglass, making it light enough to paddle, but strong enough to push the water as you are gliding.
- BIC Jungle Stand Up Paddle is perfect for the whole family to use and is priced just under $150, which is great for the kids. This paddle easily adjusts from 67.5 to 83.5 inches making it easy for anyone to use. This fiberglass lightweight paddle provides the versatility that any user can master with its T-shaped palm grip.
- Oxbow T1 Carbon Paddle is an adjustable two-piece with a detachable grip. This carbon material paddle is lightweight so that it moves easily but swiftly through the water allowing for greater control. This stand up paddle is under $250 and is available in both one and two pieces.
- C4 Waterman Stand Up Paddle XPR is a one-piece paddle that is great for racing on the surf. The blade itself is thinner than its competition, which allows the user to have an easier but swift stroke. This C4 Waterman is lightweight enough that your joints and arms will not be sore after a long day of racing on the surf and it will cost you less than $350.