The 10 best “Star Wars” movie quotes are now a part of American pop culture. The main characters were Luke Skywalker, farmer turned Jedi knight, Princess Lea, one of the leaders of the rebellion, Han Solo, the self-absorbed smuggler, Obi-Wan-Kenobi a true Jedi knight and mentor, and Darth Vader, the best villain ever in any movie to date. “Star Wars” is not only considered one of the best sci-fi franchises of all time, but also one of the top grossing films of all time.
- “Luke, I am your father.” – Darth Vader. This striking revelation to the young aspiring Jedi more than stunned him and the audience. It’s one of if not the best “Star Wars” movie quotes in entire franchise.
- “This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.” – Princess Lea. This message was hidden in R2D2 and played in the presence of Obi-Wan.
- “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” – Obi-Wan-Kenobi. Mentor teaches the young Jedi what the “force” is, which makes this a top “Star Wars” movie quote.
- "The force is strong with this one." – Darth Vader. Vader senses the power inside the young Jedi knight Luke as he chases him across the face of the Death Star.
- “Use the Force, Luke.” – Obi-Wan-Kenobi. Obi-Wan said this just as the young Jedi was about to fire and destroy the death star.
- “Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her.” – Han Solo. Princess Lea did get under his skin, but in a good way.
- “I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.” – Luke Skywalker. This movie quote from “Star Wars” epitomizes exactly what Luke would do—rescue not only Lea but also the entire universe.
“I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.” – Darth Vader. Obi-Wan didn’t quite see it that way.
“Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.” – Princess Lea. This “Star Wars” quote epitomizes the banter between Lea to Han throughout the series.
- “No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!” – Luke Skywalker. Luke’s reaction to discovering his father was the most evil Jedi in the universe.