10 Best Stay In Date Ideas
Interested in the ten best stay in date ideas? Staying in for a date can help you save money or make the most of bad weather while still connecting with your partner. With a little creativity, you can find a stay-in date idea for a special, romantic night in.
- Rent a movie. Pop some popcorn, curl up on the couch with your date and turn the lights down low for a stay-in movie date.
- Cook dinner. Plan a fancy dinner, such as homemade pasta or lobster. With a date to give you a hand, you'll be less likely to mess up your romantic dinner.
- Play a game. Have fun playing your favorite card game, or spice things up a bit: for instance, play strip chess (remove one item of clothing every time you lose a piece).
- Do a puzzle. A 500 or 1,000 piece puzzle makes a great stay-in date if you want to sit and talk for a few hours.
- Make ice cream. Buy an ice cream maker and create your own romantic flavors together, such as chocolate and raspberry.
- Make a mix CD. Compile a list of your favorite songs and burn them to a CD. This stay-in date is great for exploring each others' taste in music.
- Camp out together. Pitch a tent in the backyard or sleep out under the stars for a camping trip without leaving home.
- Do a crossword puzzle. Even if you're not very good at crosswords on your own, talking out a difficult puzzle with your date can make for a fun stay-in evening.
- Sing karaoke. Find a website with karaoke versions of popular songs and sing together for karaoke without the public embarrassment.
- Play truth or dare. It may seem juvenile, but Truth or Dare is a great stay-in date game for you and your date to get better acquainted--even if you've known each other for a long time.