The ten best steakhouses in California define the Golden State as one of the best steak-serving states in the nation. These ten steakhouses offer succulent beef, great atmosphere and some of the best dining around. California offers plenty with the sun, surf and celebrities that grace its terrain, but the steakhouses are definitely a hidden bonus.
- Taylor’s Prime Steakhouse is a hot spot among steak lovers and those looking for a great dining experience. Phenomenal menu with a flavor explosion of fine cuts of beef with great accessories. This is a wonderful steakhouse with tender cuts, reasonable process and a great wait staff. Taylor’s Prime Steakhouse: 3361 W. 8th St., Los Angeles, CA.
- Donovan’s is a steakhouse to impress with great menu items, all professionally prepared and plated. Succulent prime rib and mouth watering porterhouse highlight the menu which also includes a diverse wine menu. Donovan’s: 4340 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA.
- The Butcher Shop offers exceptional ambiance and superb wait staff. The steaks are tender, center cut and juicy. They certainly do not skimp on the sides either, be sure to try the crab cakes! The Butcher Shop: 5255 Kearny Villa Rd, San Diego, CA.
- House of Prime Rib has been a fixture in San Francisco for over 30 years and boasts the best prime rib on the west coast. This is a very elegantly laid out restaurant, perfect for a romantic evening or date. House of Prime Rib: 2100 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA.
- Alexander’s Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering tender cuts of beef and chef prepared specials that rival any house. The menu is absolutely exquisite with the finest prepared beef and side dishes. Alexander’s Steakhouse 10330 N. Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA. (408) 446-2222
- Morton’s The Steakhouse boasts a fantastic menu and wide selection of mouth watering steaks. The atmosphere is fun, yet sophisticated making for a wonderful combination. Great food, wonderful wait staff and central location. Morton’s The Steakhouse: 435 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA.
- Duane’s Prime Steak and Seafood specializes in excellent steaks and prime cuts of beef. A classy venue with a great menu and mood, this is a great place to take a date or hang out with friends. Duane’s Prime Steak and Seafood: 3649 Mission Inn Ave, Riverside, CA.
- Harris’ Steakhouse offers exceptional cuts of beef prepared and plated professionally and with a reasonable price tag. The ambiance is lovely and classy but there is not snobbish feel here. This is one of the best in Northern California, period. Harris’ Steakhouse: 2100 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109.
- 94th Aero Squadron Steakhouse is a traditional Texas Steakhouse with all the amenities. Great cuts of beef and yes, everything is bigger in Texas, even at a restaurant in California. Offers out door dining, which is simply the best at this wonderful location. 94th Aero Squadron Steakhouse: 8885 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA.
- Prime Chop House offers a fantastic menu loaded with choice cuts. The wine and beer menu is awesome and they serve some of the best garlic potatoes on the planet. Wonderful ambiance nestled in the dessert among the palm trees and romantic sunsets. Prime Chop House: 262 South Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs CA.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…