10 Best Steakhouses In LA
If you're in the mood for a nice, juicy steak in the Los Angeles area, check out this list of the top 10 best steakhouses in LA. While "best" is always subject to personal opinion, the following LA steakhouses have the most favorable reviews from food critics and steak lovers in the Los Angeles area.
- Mastro's Steakhouse. This upscale steakhouse is known for its night-club ambiance and huge portions. The steaks are served on sizzling plates an can be ordered with their signature side dish, called the Masto Mash, which is a loaded mashed potato dish with bacon, sour cream, butter and chives. Mastro's Steakhouse: 246 N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- LA Prime. This steakhouse offers the best view of downtown LA, as it is located high above the city on the 35th floor of the Westin Bonaventure Hotel. This luxurious steakhouse includes a full bar and serves fresh seafood as well as side dishes prepared from local produce. If you're looking a great meal and a romantic spot to watch the sunset, LA Prime offers both. LA Prime: 404 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90071.
- The Palm. If you've ever wondered which restaurant has caricatures of the stars covering the walls, it's The Palm. There are two locations in Los Angeles, one in downtown near the Staples Center and the other in West Hollywood. This classic steakhouse is best known for its prime beef and huge lobsters. The Palm: 1100 S. Flower St., Los Angeles, CA 90015.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse. This steakhouse is located in Downtown LA on Olympic Boulevard. Aside from serving quality steaks, it offers signature appetizers like the chilled seafood tower and tenderloin carpaccio, fresh salads and a prime burger bar. Fleming's frequently runs specials, so be sure to check out its website. Fleming's Prime Steakhouse: 800 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015.
- Carlitos Gardel Restaurant. This Argentinean steakhouse is located in Los Angeles. The elegant atmosphere, quality dishes and romantic setting make this restaurant a great place for a date. Carlitos Gardel's signature dishes include the Ojo de Costilla a La Criolla, which is a grilled 14 oz. rib eye marinated in chimichurri sauce, and Lomo a La Marsala, which is grilled medallions of filet mignon dressed in a mushroom and marsala sauce. Carlitos Gardel Restaurant: 7963 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90046.
- Lawry's the Prime Rib. This historic steakhouse is located in Beverly Hills. Lawry's, known for its classic atmosphere, features the signature Lawry Cut of prime rib and their famous spinning salad. Lawry's the Prime Rib: 100 La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
- CUT. If you're looking for a high-end steakhouse in LA with gourmet dishes, be sure to try Wolfgang Puck's CUT, located in Beverly Hills. CUT offers a contemporary yet elegant atmosphere and serves Japanese Wagyu beef. CUT: 9500 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, California 90212.
- Taylor's Prime Steak House. Since 1953, Taylor's Steak House in Los Angeles has been a favorite of many. This steakhouse offers Angus beef steaks cooked to perfection and classic side dishes. Taylor's Prime Steak House: 3361 West 8th St., Los Angeles, CA 90005.
- BOA Sunset. This trendy West Hollywood steakhouse is known for its signature sauces and a menu that includes premium Japanese Wagyu steaks, rib eyes and New York strip steaks. BOA: 9200 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069.
- BLT Steak. This modern restaurant has nothing to do with bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, it's actually a French steakhouse named after New York restauranteur: Bistro Laurent Tourondel. BLT Steak: 8720 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069.