Texas is popular for many things, but did you know that these 10 best steakhouses in Texas are just as popular? Put on your fanciest duds and head on out to the best steak joints in the area. You and your cowgirl won't be disappointed.
- Fogo de Chao: This restaurant serves all you can eat lamb, pork, chicken, steak and sausage on a skewer. There’s a salad bar and variety of side dishes to compliment your meal. You won’t want to miss this Brazilian dining experience. Pay only one price to sit down and eat like a real gaucho. 8250 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063. 713-978-6500
- The Palm: Take your lady to The Palm for a real steak dinner at this elegant steakhouse. Share the 36 ounce New York strip for two or order the jumbo lobster tails. While you’re dining, sip on a delicious glass of their finest wine. That should fill you both up. 6100 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057. (713) 977-2544
- Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse: The lounge, food and atmosphere make this one of our best steakhouses in Texas. Located in Houston, you’ll enjoy the tender steaks and perfectly aged wines from the in-house wine cellar. There’s valet parking and an outdoor dining area. 1510 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002. (713) 228-1111
- Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse: A first-rate steakhouse in Dallas, Y.O. Ranch takes you on a delicious dining experience. Besides fine steak, the menu offers an extensive array of wild game. 702 Ross Avenue at Market Street, Dallas, TX 75202. (214)744-3287
- Little Rhein Steak House: Find some of the biggest San Antonio steaks at this 10 best. There’s also lobster and salmon dishes on their large menu. 231 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205. (210) 225-2111
- Lowake Steak House: Lowake isn’t the biggest or most popular town in Texas, but you will find the steaks fabulous. For over 50 years, this venue has featured good food and service. You may even see ZZ Top or Ted Nugent dining. Give them a try and be pleasantly surprised. FM 1929 (381), Lowake, TX 76855. (325) 442-3201
- Big Texan Steak Ranch: The ultimate for steak lovers. If you think you can handle it, order the 72 ounce steak dinner. It’s free if you finish it in under an hour. Good luck!7701 I-40 East, Amarillo, Texas 79118. (800) 657-7177
- Texas Land & Cattle Steak House: One of our Texas steakhouses that packs a punch in good eats. Not only do you have an array of delicious menu choices, you have to choose which one you want to order. Choose from peppercorn rib eye to sizzling sirloin steaks. 1101 South Mo-Pac, Austin, TX, 78746. (512) 330-0030
- Austin Land and Cattle Company: An award-winning steak house with fantastic steaks and seafood entrees. They have six homemade steak sauces perfect for adding a little more flavor to already well-seasoned steaks. When you visit you’ll find a great drink bar and other delicious menu items. Expect to pay moderate to high prices for each entrée. 1205 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703. (512) 472-1813
- Backstage Steakhouse & Garden Bar: The last of the best steakhouses is this wonderful place. Enjoy live music as you eat your meals. It’s a friendly atmosphere so expect good service. 21814 Hwy 71 W, Spicewood, TX 78669. (512) 264-2223
Austin, Texas is a pretty rich town when it comes to musical history. Given that, it's tough to narrow down what venues ...
Few things impress quite like a home-cooked meal, and you can’t go wrong with an expertly prepared steak. Which is why w ...
What's the secret to a good steak? Our readers let us know.