The 10 best Stephen King quotes are the most riveting words this prolific horror writer could have ever written. With how absolutely amazing his words are how could we not have a top ten? These are the best Stephen King quotes about his life and theories. You will want to be his best friend after reading these.
- "People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk." This quote hits close to home on many levels. It has the eerie feel to it while still proving his point. Despite the horror he pens, he is still a normal man.
- "You couldn't get hold of the things you'd done and turn them right again. Such a power might be given to the gods, but it was not given to women and men, and that was probably a good thing. Had it been otherwise, people would probably die of old age still trying to rewrite their teens." It's hard not to love the general feel that he provides with this quote. It basically says that we are mere mortals and we all make mistakes. A lot of people already make the mistake of wasting time trying to come up with ways to erase their past when it isn't meant to be erased. We are only humans.
- "I work until beer o'clock." It is a simple quote which proves how much King is just like every body else. We all work and then want to go out and have a good time to relieve the stresses of our work day.
- "I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." This self deprecation makes him an even more appealing author. He doesn't realize his genius or own it. He just is. He is the favorite author of many but he is humble enough to not get cocky. We like it.
- "Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty." There has never been a more true sentence spoken or written. As we go through our lives we learn through our own actions and other's that all we ever do is want to avoid conflict between friends and family. We either avoid the issue at hand or lie to make the issue go away. He is right when he says that we are "caught in the web of duty" because we feel it is our job to make the people we love happy. Honesty is the best policy but if you can avoid a slap when your wife asks if her jeans make her look fat and they do–more power to you.
- "I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs." Here is one for us writers. Sometimes timelines and backgrounds simply take away from the content as it can be excessive. In King's dream world, adverbs have no purpose as they tend to lend themselves to logic–he doesn't.
- "Life is not a support system for art. It is the other way around." Many people have wondered if life imitates art and he clearly has the answer to that question. Art influences humanity.
- "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." We can all have talents but if we don't make the effort to become more successful we cannot complain when we don't.
- "The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them." Sometimes we just have no words and that says a lot.
- "You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants." If a man that crawls into the depths of the most psychotic books ever written can still laugh and isn't completely psychotic we can all take the time to find the humor in life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.