The 10 best summer cocktail recipes include favorites from the South and traditional cocktails of the North. These cocktails are sure to liven up any barbecue or summer celebration with all the fresh flavors and tastes of the season.
- Lemon/Lime and Vodka. This drink can be made with fresh lemonade or limeade and your favorite premium vodka. Add 1-½ ounces of premium vodka, 2-½ ounces of fresh lemonade or limeade and 1 slice of lemon to a shaker glass with ice. Shake and strain into highball glasses filled with ice. This is a refreshing summer cocktail that’s sure to be a favorite at any barbecue or party.
- Watermelon Margarita. This drink offers fresh flavors and is delicious served with chips and salsa. Add 1 slice of watermelon and ¼ ounce of agave syrup (sweetener) to a small pitcher and muddle (mash). Add 1-½ ounces of tequila and ½ ounce lime juice. Mix well and double strain into a martini glass, and garnish with mint and a small slice of watermelon.
- Mojito. This is a refreshing drink that is popular in south. Place 12 mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. Add crushed ice, 1-¼ ounces of your favorite spiced rum, 1 teaspoon of sugar and ½ ounces of lime juice. Muddle and then add 2 ounces of soda water and serve.
- Planter’s Punch. This fruity punch is a weekend favorite that contains two types of rum. To a pitcher add 3 ounces each of dark and silver spiced rum, 1-½ ounces of Grand Marnier, 6 ounces each of orange and pineapple juice, 1-½ ounce each of lime juice and simple syrup, 4 dashes of bitters and 2 ounces of grenadine. Shake and serve in highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice if desired.
- Pina Colada. This frozen beverage is made with spiced rum that has to be one of the 10 best summer cocktail recipes. Place crushed ice in a blender and add 1-¼ ounces of spiced rum and 6 ounces of pina colada mix. Blend well and serve in cocktail glasses garnished with a pineapple spear and a maraschino cherry.
- Barbados Punch. This is a great drink for relaxing by the pool and has the fresh summer taste of lime and pineapple. Add 1 ounce of spiced rum, ¼ ounce of triple sec and 1 ounce of pineapple juice to a blender with crushed ice. Blend until smooth, pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple and lime slices.
- La Paloma Suprema. This is a favorite among tequila lovers and it’s one of the best summer cocktail recipes. Salt the rims of a highball glass with salt and add ice. Combine 1-½ ounces of tequila and 4 ounces grapefruit soda. Mix and garnish with a lime slice.
- Hurricane. The hurricane is practically a summer tradition in the South. Combine ½ ounce of spiced rum, ¾ ounce dark rum, 3 ounces each of passion fruit and mango juice and 2 ounces sweet and sour mix. Shake well and pour into hurricane glasses filled with ice. This drink can be garnished with a lime slice. This cocktail has only a few ingredients, making it the perfect summer cocktail for a hurricane party.
- Cranberry Sea Breeze. This summer cocktail that is refreshing and can be livened up with flavored vodkas. Add ice to cocktail glasses and add 1-½ ounces of cranberry vodka, 2 ounce each of grapefruit and cranberry juice to each glass. Stir and garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Strawberry Daiquiri. This drink is great with any backyard picnic or summer cocktail party. Combine 1-¼ ounces of spiced rum, 1-¾ ounces of sweet and sour mix, 3 ounces frozen strawberries and 1 cup of crushed ice to a blender. Blend until smooth and serve in cocktail glasses garnished with a strawberry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.