The 10 best summer party cities span coasts, styles, and politics—but one thing they all have in common is a thriving community bent on showing visitors a wild good time.
- New York. No place beats New York on any list of party cities—and in the summer, NYC is at its peak. Not only is the city full of nightclubs and performance venues, it also offers dozens of free outdoor events all summer long. There are free movies shown in Bryant Park, dance parties in Union Square, and hundreds of bars and restaurants with outdoor seating that turn into hot spots after dark.
- Miami. Nothing says summer party like the beach, and no beach parties harder than South Beach. Head down to Miami to check out beautiful people in bright colors, but don’t forget your sunscreen! Try out Dream Nightclub and Skybar Miami Beach.
- L.A. The Los Angeles summer party scene offers something for absolutely everyone. There are dark dance clubs, casual beach parties, elegant roof top soirees, and a whole lot else. The hardest part is deciding where to go, since areas of the city are spread out and driving is a must.
- New Orleans. Street musicians, combined with warm weather and a lack of open container laws make New Orleans one of the ten best summer party cities. For live music, head to The House of Blues, Carrollton Station, Checkpoint Charlie’s, or any of the other music venues facilitating parties all summer long.
- Philadelphia. Philly loves to dance—that’s why it ranks as one of the ten best summer party cities. Wear comfortable shoes when you step out in the city of brotherly love, or you may be sorry in the morning. Check out Pure and Fluid Nightclub for some of the best dance scenes in town.
- Chicago. When the Illinois weather finally warms up, get ready to party. The Wrigley Park scene gets going after White Sox night games, and you can always find a group of fellow revelers in Lakeview, or in the South Loop area.
- Palm Beach. The best place for high-end summer parties is Palm Beach. Dress up and go out for drinks with the upscale Palm Beach party crowd.
- Boston. Head to a Red Sox game and then out to the bars with Boston’s rowdy sports fans. Since Boston is a very walk-able city, it’s one of the best places to party. Leave your car at the hotel and take the T instead.
- Las Vegas. Vegas gets going after dark, when the desert breeze kicks in and the lights shine bright on the strip. There are shows and parties every night of the summer in Las Vegas.
- San Francisco. The summer party scene in San Francisco is incredibly varied. There’s an incredible restaurant selection for every palate, an array of music venues, and great dance clubs. Everywhere you go, the weather is great and the energy is high. Try Red Devil Lounge and Rocket Room.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …