10 Best Summer Travel Destinations
The 10 best Summer travel destinations give you a mix of sunny beaches, rich history and scenic views. No matter what your budget is there is a dream vacation waiting for you. Where do you want to go?
- Greece has so much to offer. Start off on the mainland and view the ruins of Delphi and Olympia then work your way east toward the capital Athens. This side of Greece cradles the Agean Sea with crystal clear waters and white sand beaches. The Island of Alonissos, part of The Sporades Islands, is covered in vegetation and is the perfect spot for travelers who want to relax. If you are looking for a livelier time check out Heraklion on the Island of Crete which has a plethora of night clubs and cinemas.
- During the summer Montreal, Quebec in Canada comes alive with music festivals. Check the schedule before you plan your trip to take advantage of your favorite genre. Jazz, baroque, modern rock and blues are just some of the types of music they celebrate making it one of the best Summer travel destinations.
- There is no wrong time to go to Paris. Summertime is the peak travel season for Paris but if you can handle crowds there are benefits to being there. Watch the French Open, the Tour de France, an outdoor movie-the list goes on. Take advantage of sidewalk cafes and dining on the patio. Summer is when sales happen in Paris so leave some empty space in your suitcase when packing for your trip.
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts is drop dead gorgeous. Go whale watching, make friends with a napping seal and make sure you pack your camera. The beaches of cape cod are breathtaking. There are accommodations for every budget from camping on the sand to luxury spa resorts making Cape Cod one the best Summer travel destinations.
- Visit the red sand beaches of Prince Edward Island, Canada. Known as the gentle island, it is home to the author of Anne of Green Gables and miles of gorgeous coastline. Sample the local seafood, go horseback riding or wander in a field of flowers, whatever you choose to do in PEI you'll enjoy it.
- Roam around Tuscany in the Summertime. The Tuscany region of Italy has many festivals beginning in early summer. Go eat authentic Italian food and get to know the locals while appreciating the brilliance of Italy.
- Experience green in Galway, Ireland. There is so much to do packed into the southwest part of Ireland. Visit the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher, the beaches and the historic castles.
- Seattle, Washington has history and city life. You can take your pick of cafes and have a leisurely time on a self-guided tour of the city or rock out at a music club. Seattle has beautiful gardens and parks. The dry season is July and August so Summer is the time to go.
- Hawaii is a tropical paradise all year long. You'll find fewer crowds on the beaches and save some money of hotels and airfare by visiting in the summertime. Explore the islands, work on your tan and get close to a real volcano all while staying in the United States.
- Tennessee is a dream to the nature lover. Tennessee has award-winning state parks which are home to cliffs, lakes, rivers, canopies, abundant wildlife and canyons. Discover rock climbing, camping and hiking in one of the most serene and exciting places in America.
Posted on: Dec. 16, 2010