10 Best Super Bowl Coaches Ever
The ultimate sign of being a great NFL coach is winning the Super Bowl, and these are the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever. The 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever have all made their impact felt on the game and deserve to be remembered.
Vince Lombardi - Green Bay Packers: Vince Lombardi won the first two Super Bowls ever as the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. The man was famous for his desire to win and has the famous quote, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". It is that kind of attitude that earned him a spot on the list of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever and the reason the Super Bowl trophy was named after him.
- Don Shula - Miami Dolphins: Don Shula coached the Miami Dolphins to back-to-back Super Bowl victories in 1973 and 1974. The type of dedication it takes for a man to coach his team to championships two years in a row is amazing, and why Don Shula is one of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever.
- Chuck Noll - Pittsburgh Steelers: If Super Bowl victories are the measure of a coach, then Chuck Noll is easily one of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever. Noll coached the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Super Bowl victories, the most Super Bowl victories for any coach
Bill Belichick - New England Patriots: Despite the controversy of Spygate, it cannot be denied that Bill Belichick is one the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever. Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots absolutely dominated the NFL from 2002-2005 with three Super Bowl victories.
- Mike Shanahan - Denver Broncos: Mike Shanahan and his zone blocking scheme allowed Terell Davis and the Denver Broncos to rack up running yards and back-to-back Super Bowl victories in 1998 and 1999. Having Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway on the team didn't hurt either.
- Tom Landry - Dallas Cowboys: Tom Landry not only invented the 4-3 defensive formation, but won two Super Bowls with the Dallas Cowboys. It is his innovation that allowed him to have success coaching the Cowboys and earned him a spot as one of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever.
- Mike Ditka - Chicago Bears: Mike Ditka is one of two people to win the Super Bowl as a player, a head coach, and an assistant coach. The man knew how to win the big game and has become a legend in Chicago.
- Bill Parcells - New York Giants: Bill Parcells coached the New York Giants to two Super Bowl victories. He is regarded as one of the best football minds in the league, and due to his success with the Giants he has been called in to various franchises to turn their teams around.
- Joe Gibbs - Washington Redskins: Joe Gibbs put a punctuation mark on his resume by winning three Super Bowls with the Washington Redskins. Three Super Bowl victories is easily enough to earn him a spot as one of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever.
- Bill Walsh - San Francisco 49ers: Like Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh has won three Super Bowls. That is an impressive number for any coach. It is because of his remarkable success with the San Francisco 49ers that he earned a spot in the pro football Hall of Fame and on the list of the 10 best Super Bowl coaches ever.
Posted on: Jun. 05, 2010