Looking for the 10 best sushi restaurants in Chicago? Chicago, the largest city in Illinois and the third-largest city in the country, is also one of the top places for Japanese cuisine in the U.S. If you're a sushi person, be sure to check out these sushi restaurants in Chicago.
- Mizu Sushi and Yakitori Restaurant. This sushi restaurant, based in Chicago’s Old Town neighborhood, specializes in imaginative Japanese yakitori and sushi creations. Mizu offers fine service in a visually elegant environment, keeping loyal fans wanting to come back. Mizu Sushi and Yakitori Restaurant: 315 West North Ave., Chicago, IL 60614; (312) 951-8883.
- Sushi 28 Cafe. This sushi restaurant has a reputation for the best customer service in a Chicago Japanese restaurant. The efficient operation means that customers typically don't have to wait long for a table. Whether for dine in, delivery, carry out, catering or ordering online, you can't go wrong with Sushi 28. Sushi 28 Cafe: 2863 North Clark St., Chicago, IL 60657; (773) 868-1250.
- Midori Japanese Restaurant. The food at this sushi restaurant is fresh and the servings are ample. The service is outstanding and the staff are friendly and courteous. Midori Japanese Restaurant: 3310 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, IL 60659; (773) 267-9733.
- Sushi Luxe. This sushi bar and restaurant is all about being spacious and exuding casual sophistication. It is definitely worth the time to go and enjoy the sumptuous dynamite rolls. A big group of sushi lovers will find Sushi Luxe a great place to enjoy, sample, share and explore great sushi. Sushi Luxe: 5204 North Clark St., Chicago, IL 60640; (773) 334-0770.
- Sushi Pink. This sushi restaurant has a few innovative creations that depart from the fare at most places. The decor is conducive to fine dining, with tasteful lounge music, a very friendly staff and a nice overall experience. Satisfied customers will surely want to return. Sushi Pink: 909 West Washington Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607; (312) 226-1666.
- Geisha Sushi & Lounge. This sushi restaurant near the corner of Milwaukee and Ashland achieves a fine balance between the food, the decor and the ambiance. The sea bass is a fine offering that should not be missed. It is a consistent favorite of many lovers of Japanese cuisine and sushi. A fine culinary experience to be had in Chicago, definitely. Geisha Sushi & Lounge: 1265 Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60622; (773) 252-2020.
- Sushi House. Around Oak Park, Sushi House has a quiet ambiance and attentive staff that is friendly and knowledgeable. The food is excellent, considering the price and the location. Although it is a chain restaurant, Sushi House doesn't exude that chain feel, with very good seaweed salad and excellent rolls. Sushi House: 1107 Lake St., Oak Park, IL 60301; (708) 660-8899.
- Torajiro Sushi. The sushi and maki rolls at Torajiro are always delicious and made fresh, impeccably. The atmosphere is very welcoming and family-friendly, with quite reasonable prices. There are many sushi places in Chicago, but Torajiro Sushi easily stands out for the quality, freshness and taste of its fish, rounded out by great sake and Japanese beer. Torajiro Sushi: 432 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago, IL 60614; (773) 477-5000.
- Tam Popo Japanese Restaurant. This place is not expansive, but it's just the right size and capacity to give every customer the proper level of attention. The Teriyaki beef is a favorite of many loyal regulars, as are the Sukiyaki, huge Tam Popo ramen, sweet potato maki and Amazon maki. Tam Popo Japanese Restaurant: 5665 North Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL 60659; (773) 561-2277.
- Sushi Sai. Around the Loop, Sushi Sai is famous for its reasonable prices, great sushi and attentive service. It is a favorite place to stop prior to a show at the Lyric. The quality of the sushi is such that it practically melts in your mouth. Sushi Sai: 123 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606; (312) 332-8822.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.