If you're in Houston and can't shake that craving for sushi, look no further than our list for the 10 best sushi restaurants in Houston. Sushi is edible art, so what better way to fill your tummy and expose yourself to Japanese culture than by exploring all ten restaurants on our list? These sushi restaurants feature elegance, taste and prices that won't hurt you (too much)!
- Japaneiro's Sushi Bistro & Latin Grill The winner of CitySearch's best sushi in Houston award, Japaneiro's features traditional faves like sushi and sashimi, yet offers unique choices like the Sugar Land Roll. Throw in a supporting Latin cuisine and you know why they won. Japaneiro's Sushi Bistro & Latin Grill: 2168 Texas Dr. Sugar Land TX, 77479. (281) 242-1121
- Uptown Sushi Uptown Sushi is a picture of contrasts. Aquatic accents suggest modern decor, yet a club soundtrack caters to a trendy, upscale crowd. Throw in rib-eye beef rolls, egg roll prawns and rolls saucily named Lickety Split and you have a memorable dining experience. Uptown Sushi: 1131 Uptown Park Blvd. Houston, TX 77056. (713) 871-1200
- Sushi King The name says it all. At Sushi King, quality fresh food and top service are of utmost priority of the head chef. The name comes from the chef's philosophy that his food is fit for a king. Sushi King: 3401 Kirby Dr. Houston, TX 77098. (713) 528-8998
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant Voted Houston's best new restaurant back in 2006 by CitySearch, RA Sushi combines a traditional restaurant with a mobile and hip sushi bar. This is a chain of sushi bars that is primarily active in the southern United States. RA Sushi Bar Restaurant: 3908 Westheimer Rd. Houston, TX 77027. (713) 621-5800
- Masa Sushi Japanese Fusion This restaurant elegantly incorporates traditional Japanese cuisine with notable French influences. What's a better combination than Japanese/French fusion in the same dining experience? Masa Sushi Japanese Fusion: 977 Nasa Pkwy. Houston, TX 77058. (281) 486-9888.
- Soma Sushi Restaurant & Bar Not to be confused with the Smashing Pumpkins song of the same name, Soma is dedicated to serving Franco-Japanese cuisine. This means that the head chef, Jason Hauck, prepares Japanese ingredients in a French style. Intrigued? Soma Sushi Restaurant & Bar: 4820 Washington Ave. Houston, TX 77007. (713) 861-2726
- Oishii Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar This restaurant is unique because it's family-owned, so expect more personal touches and the familiarity of home when visiting for lunch or dinner. Their selection of wines, sake and beer is not to be missed either. Oishii Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar: 3764 Richmond Ave. Houston, TX 77046. (713) 621-8628
- Kubo's Sushi Bar & Grill. Kubo's is constantly busy and with good reason! This restaurant is a real award-heavy eatery, holding the title of Houston's best Japanese restaurant by none other than the Zagat guide! Kubo's Sushi Bar & Grill: 2414 University Blvd. Houston, TX 77005. (713) 528-7878
- Zake Sushi Lounge. Go Zake if you're looking for something a little extra next to your helping of sushi. They feature a live magician on Saturday nights, a live DJ on Friday nights and daily Happy Hour! Zake Sushi Lounge: 2946 S. Shepherd Dr. Houston, TX 77098. (713) 526-6888
- Crave Sushi Rounding out the list is Crave Sushi, a restaurant that apparently caters exclusively to the "ultra elite" of Houston. Featuring the creations of younger executive chef Robert Garay, Crave lives or dies by the freshness of its fish and it passes the test all the time. Crave Sushi: 2900 Travis St. Houston, TX 77006. (713) 527-8744
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.