Identifying the “10 Best Sushi Restaurants in Los Angeles” is a formidable task, because in some cases, the restaurants have adapted to include the cultural tastes of the community they serve. Don’t be surprised to see traditional sushi served with a side of bouillabaisse, Cajun fish or Kobe beef.
- Asenebo is a small quiet restaurant with a sushi counter that has the faithful packed in like sardines, which is why it's easy to put this sushi restaurant on this 10 best list. Reservations suggested. 11941 Ventura Blvd., Studio City 91604. Major credit cards accepted.
- Katsuya, one of the most popular and 10 best sushi restaurants in LA, is famous for its celebrity clientele, fresh sushi and Cajun-style halibut. Reservations required. 6300 Hollywood Blvd. at Vine St., Hollywood 90028, Phone (323)871-8777. Major credit cards accepted.
- Matsuhisa’s Beverly Hills location compliments its world-class sushi and celebrity clientele, but belies its casual dining room’s décor. Reservations required. 129 North La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills 90211. Major credit cards accepted.
- Nobu offers patrons a mixture of sushi and fusion cuisine and a wine list that includes a $16,000 bottle of Chateau Petrus. Reservations required. 3835 Cross Creek Rd. at Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu 90265. Major credit cards accepted.
- Urasawa’s creates custom meals with ingredients flown in from Japan on a 300-year old table for ten guests each evening. Reservations required. 218 N. Rodeo Dr. at Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills 90210. Major credit cards accepted.
- Sushi Gen is located in Little Tokyo and has an extensive sushi, sashimi and tempura menu. Reservations not required. 422 East Second St. at Central Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012. Major credit cards accepted.
- Wa is an intimate sushi bar founded by three Matsuhisa alums with a menu that includes traditional sushi and sashimi alongside a few French-inspired creations. Reservations required. 1106 North LaCienega Blvd., West Hollywood 90069. Major credit cards accepted.
- Taiko is situated on the top floor of Brentwood Gardens, and has evolved from simple Japanese noodle shop to a full-fledged sushi bar. Reservations required. 2041 Rosecrans Ave.at Sepulveda Blvd., El Segundo 90245. Major credit cards accepted.
- Tengu’s menu includes traditional sushi and items from the hot kitchen. Reservations not required. 10853 Lindbrook Dr. at Tiverton Ave., Westwood 90024. Major credit cards accepted.
- Asakuma dishes out sushi, sashimi, tempura and bouillabaisse to its ever boisterous crowd. Reservations not required. 2805 Abbot Kinney Blvd. at Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90291. Major credit cards accepted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”