10 Best Sushi Restaurants In NYC
If you're in New York City and looking for the best sushi around, look to these 10 best sushi restaurants in NYC for that little something more. Most sushi restaurants offer normal sushi fare, as well as a selection of sake and some cooked foods, but it's that certain special feature that keeps you coming back. Sometimes it's the simplicity of the restaurant itself and other times it's the variety of dishes. Whatever you're looking for in a sushi restaurant, you'll find it here.
- Sushi of Gari. This sushi restaurant is characterized by it's proprietor and chef, Masatoshi "Gari" Sugio, who has created a variety of complementary sauces that he includes in the preparation of his sushi dishes.
- IchiUmi. With a huge sushi and seafood buffet, this restaurant makes the list of best sushi restaurants in NYC because of the large amount of variety it offers.
- Satsko. This makes the list of best sushi restaurants in NYC because it features a weekly sake tasting and includes several signature dishes.
- Takahachi. With several daily specials and affordable prices, this is one of the best sushi restaurants in NYC because it maintains high standards, while still keeping prices low.
- Sakura Sushi. Keeping decor simple, this restaurant focuses the food, rather than the atmosphere to give you the optimal dining experience. It's one of the best sushi restaurants in NYC because their focus is on you.
- SushiAnn. This makes the list of best sushi restaurants in NYC because it offers very high quality sushi and prides itself in being "plain" and "no-nonsense."
- Sushi Yasuda. Naomichi Yasuda is the proprietor and chef at this best sushi restaurant in NYC and boasts that he strives to be a "quarter inch" above average, giving the customer more than he expects.
- Sushi Zen. Bringing nature and dining together, this best sushi restaurant in NYC offers sushi that is both healthy and in harmony with nature.
- Haru. A more upscale sushi restaurant, Haru makes the list of best sushi restaurants in NYC because of it's wide variety of sushi, as well as steak and seafood dishes. This restaurant also offers catering service and space for private parties.
- EN Japanese Brasserie. This restaurant makes the list of best sushi restaurants in NYC because of it's tapas-style serving methods. Diners enjoy a progression of several dishes in small portions.