Take a break from the beach and visit these 10 best sushi restaurants in San Jose. California is a big state and can be overwhelming when it comes to finding what you need. Thankfully, you have a little help with your dining options. Forget about searching the yellow pages and keep this helpful little guide handy. You’ll have more time to enjoy your vacation and California.
- Cha Cha Sushi: The name is cute but the sushi is seriously good. Cha Cha provides a clean dining experience. It’s so nice that customers pile in. Don’t come with a large group; the wait could be twenty minutes or more. Once you settle in and order, you won’t be disappointed. 547 W Capitol Expressway, San Jose, CA 95136. (408) 265-2416
- Shiki Japanese Restaurant: One of our sushi restaurants that is cheap, friendly and serves a decent meal. It also offers a large menu of other Japanese favorites, such as teriyaki and Udon soup. Check them out at 6229 Santa Teresa Blvd, San Jose, CA 95119. (408) 225-6454
- Tomi Sushi: Tomi provides generous portions of their food. The sushi is good and the variety is even better. Nigiri, rolls and sashimi make for good eating. It’s not cheap, but then again, most places aren’t. 4336 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA 95129. (408) 257-4722
- Sushi Coast: This is one our sushi restaurants that has very good reviews and service. Prices are low to moderate for both the sushi and regular menu. Sushi Coast is also great for families. 1516 N 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 437-1318
- Izakaya Restaurant: Izakaya is a tiny restaurant but the food is full of flavor. You’ll find the sushi, nigiri and sashimi topnotch. The restaurant serves other outstanding Japanese entrees, sake and seafood. Make reservations because it’s hard to find a seat if you don’t. 1335 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 452-8751
- Osheyo: One of our cheapest restaurants in San Jose, Osheyo still provides appetizing dishes. The sushi is some of the freshest around and you get a lot for such low prices. 273 E San Fernando, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 288-8461
- Ninja Star Sushi Bar: The name says it all. Ninja Star puts out some uniquely named sushi. Spicy Lion and Green Dragon definitely sound like ninja names to me. 130 E Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA 95113. (408) 297-0568
- Sushi Zen: Gorgeous plates of sushi and Japanese cuisine are what you’ll get when you dine at Sushi Zen. It’s a little pricey, but the food is worth it. The nigiri is one of the best dishes there. This restaurant is good for everybody, including kids. 1305 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 453-1070
- Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill: This restaurant features sushi, regular Japanese entrees and grilled meats. If you like drinking, you’ll enjoy the specialty cocktails, margaritas and wines. 1035 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128. (408) 260-7200
- Kaita Restaurant: Kaita serves large portions from low to moderate prices. They also feature different types of entrees like grilled beef tongue and salmon rice balls. It’s a terrific place to take the family for dinner. 215 Jackson St, San Jose, CA 95112. (408) 287-5551
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.