10 Best Take A Look At My Girlfriend Songs
The ten best take a look at my girlfriend songs find creative ways to point out the significant others for whom the songs were written. Some focus on personality, others on shared experiences, and others on schoolboy-type puppy love. Regardless, each song wants everyone within eyeshot to peer at the girl in their lives.
- “Wonderful Tonight” Every time Eric “Slow Hands” Clapton tells his girl that she looks “wonderful tonight,” he’s also nudging the rest of the world to take in the beauty of his beloved. One of the best take a look at my girlfriend songs for slow dancing.
- “Crazy for this Girl” A cheesy ditty from a one-hit wonder, Evan and Jaron want all to stop and stare and pay tribute to their love: “She was the one to hold me/ The night the sky fell down/ And what was I thinking when the world didn’t end/ Why didn’t I know what I know now?”
- “Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)” Blessed Union of Soul had some minor hits throughout the ‘90’s, but none bigger than the one that name drops a ton of celebrities. How much does BUOS believe in their mate's attractiveness? They believe she's "phat like Cindy Crawford."
- “Cherry Pie” Risqué through-and-through, Warrant's “Cherry Pie” dishes a heaping plateful of naughty. The girl at the center is not only smoking hot, but hot to trot as well: “Swingin’ in there/ Cause she wanted me to feed her/ So I mixed up the batter/ And she licked the beater.”
- “Me & My Girlfriend” If you didn’t listen closely to the words, you’d never know this was an ode to 2Pac’s gun, and he wants the whole country to take a look: “Our first date, couldn't wait to see you naked/ Touch you in every secret place, I can hardly wait/ To bust freely, got you red hot, you so happy to see me/ Make the front page primetime live on TV.”
- “Amazed” The only country song on the list of take a look at my girlfriend songs, “Amazed” can touch the hearts of even non-country fans. So in love is the lead singer of Lonestar that he falls anew whenever he sees his girl: “Every time our eyes meet/ This feeling inside me/ Is almost more than I can take.”
- “The Light” Written for girlfriend Erykah Badu, “The Light” is one of the sweetest, most honest take a look at my girlfriend songs you can hear. Over a slick beat with an infectious hook, Common compares his girl to the sun, saying that some dudes “recognize the light but can’t handle the glare.”
- “Her Eyes” One of the best take a look at my girlfriend songs as well as the most poetic, “Eyes” hails from Pat Monahan’s 2007 solo album “Last of Seven.” As catchy as it is sentimental, Monahan paints a picture of a beautiful woman when he declares “In her eyes/ That’s where hope lies/ Where the blue skies meet the sunrise.”
- “U Got the Look” From the Purple One’s double disc “Sign O’ the Times” in 1987, “U Got the Look” is a song that spends most of its runtime playing up the looks of Prince’s object of affection. What better way to scream, “Hey, look at my girlfriend” than “Your face is jammin’/ Your body’s heck-a-slammin’/ If love is good/ Let’s get to rammin’.”
- “Breakfast in America” Actually, the only way to beat Prince is to come right out and say the words, which is exactly what the UK’s Supertramp does. The references to the girlfriend in question aren’t so flattering, and when coupled with the lines about seeing “the girls in California,” they appear to hint that the band has settled for the best they could get in their home country: “Take a look at my girlfriend/ She’s the only one I got/ Not much of a girlfriend/ Never seem to get a lot.”