The Tears for Fears Duo of Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith was one of the most popular English pop rock bands of the 1980s, and you can see why, with the incredible 10 best Tears for Fears songs. Tears for Fears created some of the most popular tracks of the 1980s with their pop rock/new wave/synthpop style. These ten best Tears for Fears songs show some of the most awesome tracks the duo has produced.
- "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" – "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" features a signature 1980s synthpop song. The tune was incredibly successful making it one of the ten best Tears for Fears songs.
- "Mad World" – "Mad World" was originally successful when recorded by Tears for Fears. The song also received additional success when Michael Andrews and Gary Jules covered the song for the film "Donnie Darko" in 2001.
- "Shout" – "Shout" was filled with all it needed to become a synthpop anthem including heavy percussion, power cords, and both bass and guitar solos. The epic song that encourages protest is one of the best Tears for Fears songs.
- "Pale Shelter" – Tears for Fears' "Pale Shelter" is one of the band's oldest tunes. The new wave style and catchy beat of this track make it one of the ten best Tears for Fears songs.
- "I Believe" – "I Believe" may be one of Tears for Fears' more mellow recordings, but it still features their signature new wave sound. "I Believe" is one of the softer melodies of the ten best Tears for Fears songs.
- "Sowing the Seeds of Love" – This song, off of their "The Seeds of Love" album, was a pastiche of the Beatles' tunes. However, it is still one of the best known and most popular Tears for Fears songs.
- "Advice for the Young at Heart" – This track pays hommage to a Beatle: John Lennon. The lyrics feature a quote by the singer-songwriter and musician that fits in nicely with the theme of the song.
- "Head Over Heels/Broken (Live)" – One of Tears for Fears' love songs, this track has been covered numerous times over the years. It is one of Tears for Fears best known songs to date.
- "Change" – "Change" was successful internationally, increasing Tears for Fears' fame. The song is filled with pop style lyrics and beats.
- "Mothers Talk" – "Mothers Talk" was one of the first Tears for Fears song to feature sampling. Featuring an edgier sound, "Mothers Talk" is one of the ten best Tears for Fears songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?