This is a list of the ten best teen romance movies. If you’re between the ages of thirteen and nineteen and enjoy the movie genre of romance, you are guaranteed to enjoy any one of these movies.
- “Twilight.” This teen romance movie closely follows a student named Bella, who falls in love with a fellow classmate, Edward. High school relationships are never easy. But for these two it is especially difficult because of Edward’s secret life as a vampire.
- “A Walk to Remember.” Landon, a trouble making jock, gets himself into quite a bit of trouble in this teen romance movie. As punishment, he must participate in after-school community service activities. In one of these activities he meets a girl named Jamie. They get to know one another despite their differences and fall in love. After falling love, Landon finds out a heartbreaking secret about Jamie that could change everything.
- “William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.” This teen romance film is a remake of one of Shakespeare’s most famous love stories. The movie, takes place in the suburb of Verona and has a modern edge to it, but it retains the original Shakespearean dialogue.
- “Dirty Dancing.” Baby, is a privileged daddy’s girl. She and her family go on vacation at a resort. Baby unexpectedly becomes infatuated with the camp’s dance instructor. As he is teaching her to dance the two fall in love. In this teen movie there are a few bumps in the road that get in the way of Baby and Johnny's relationship, but that doesn’t stop them from loving each other.
- “The Princess Bride.” In this fairytale teen romance, a young woman, named Buttercup, is kidnapped and held against her will in order to marry Prince Humperdinck. Westly, who might be Buttercup’s one true love, must try to save her. Westly’s journey to save Buttercup is a long and treacherous one.
- “Tuck Everlasting.” Winnie is wandering through the woods one day when she stumbles upon a boy named Jesse. Jesse’s family, the Tucks, kidnap Winnie. She soon finds out that she has not stumbled upon a normal family, as the Tucks are immortal. Jesse and Winnie quickly fall in love and he asks her to become immortal so they can be together forever. But Winnie isn’t so sure she wants to live forever.
- “Say Anything.” In this teen movie an army brat named Lloyd begins dating his high school’s valedictorian, Diane. There are a few obstacles that get in the way of their relationship, including Diane’s overprotective father and the fact that when summer is over, she is going over seas to England for college. Diane breaks it off with Lloyd and he spends the rest of the summer trying to win her back before she leaves for England.
- “Can’t Buy Me Love.” In this teen romance movie, Ronald attempts to shake his image of a nerd by making a deal with one of the most popular girls in school, Cindy. He offers her a thousand dollars to pretend to be his girlfriend. His plan succeeds but he gets more than he bargains for. Cindy starts to develop feelings for Ronald but he is so consumed with popularity that he is blind to her feelings. Ronald must realize her feelings before its too late.
- “Valley Girl.” This teen romance features Julie, a popular valley girl, endangers her popularity by dating a punk from the city, Randy. Despite their many differences, the two fall in love. Somehow the two in this teen romance movie need to make the relationship work despite their shallow, trendy friends.
- “A Cinderella Story.” Sam is the unpopular, tomboy at school. She has an anonymous relationship with a boy, named Nomad, who is actually a popular boy from school, named Austin. He asks her to the Halloween dance but doesn't find out her true identity. Austin finds out who she is at a humiliating pep rally. Austin doesn’t care and the two end up together in this teen romance movie, happily ever after.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.