10 Best Thai Restaurants: Los Angeles
You won't need to hit Thai Town to find one of the 10 best Thai restaurants in Los Angeles. Because of the high population of Thais in Southern California, delicious Tom Yam soup, Pad Thai, and Pla Samrot can be found all over the city. Here is a guide to some of the best Thai food places to eat in Los Angeles.
- Exotic Thai: Conveniently located next door to a Thai spa, Exotic Thai is the most authentic Thai food in Los Angeles. Their low-priced dinner specials will help you beat the credit crunch and their Yellow Chicken Curry will have you plugging in the number to your phone for emergency deliveries. Exotic Thai: 1212 N. San Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA. (818) 841-2555.
- Tuk Tuk: Proudly run by one of the “first Thai families to settle in Los Angeles,” Tuk Tuk maintains its popularity by whipping up fresh curry paste daily, using tried and tested passed down over generations. Tuk Tuk: 8875 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035. (310) 860-1872.
- Ayara Thai Cuisine: Simple and authentic, Ayara Thai Cuisine offers an easy-going and spacious dining setting to delight your palate and restore your faith in great Thai restaurants in LA. Ayara Thai: 6245 W. 87th St., Westchester, CA 90045. (310) 410-8848.
- Chan Dara: Walking distance from the Arclight Cinema in Hollywood, this small restaurant in the heart of LA is the perfect post-movie spot to chat and enjoy some of Thailand's best flavors. Offering a low-key menu, simplicity goes a long way into making this spot one of the best Thai restaurants in Los Angeles. Chan Dara: 1511 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028. (323) 464-8585.
- Chadaka Thai: Located in the heart of Burbank's Downtown area, Chadaka Thai is as well known for their beautiful cocktails as they are for having some of the best Thai food in Los Angeles. The portions are very generous, which means you can easily share and have enough room to taste their spectacular appetizers, too. Chadaka Thai: 310 N. San Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA 91502. (818) 848-8520.
- Rambutan Thai: Located in the trendy Silverlake neighborhood and just down the street from the rest of nighttime entertainment that Sunset Boulevard has to offer, Rambutan Thai is a relaxing yet hip location. Try splitting a series of Thai "tapas" dishes with friends to experience the range of exotic, Thai flavors. Rambutan Thai: 2835 W. Sunset Blvd, Silverlake, CA 90027. (213) 273-8424.
- Palms Thai Restaurant: The menu is extensive and features crowd pleasures for both Thai food purists and those looking for more Americanized flavors. Showcasing Thailand's unparalleled love for classic rock, catch the live performance of the Thai Elvis, Kavee Thongprecha. Because really, what's Thai food without a bit of Elvis? Palms Thai Restaurant: 5900 Hollywood Blvd., Ste. B, Los Angeles, CA 90028. (323) 462-5073.
- President Thai Restaurant: Catering to the crowds, nothing will be too heavy on the chilli, unless of course you ask for it. President's extensive menu will please any large group of fussy or picky eaters. Order plates to share for the best value, or try their set menus. President Thai Restaurant: 498 S. Rosemead Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107. (626) 578-9814.
- Toi on Sunset: You won't forget you're in an LA restaurant for a second at this trendy venue. Open seven days a week and located in Hollywood's historic music store district, Toi has made its mark on Los Angeles with some of the best Thai veggie dishes in the city. Toi on Sunset: 7505 1/2 W. Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046. (323) 874-8062.
Jitlada: Authentic Southern Thai food will become your new favorite cuisine at this laid back LA restaurant. Even if you're not a seafood lover, their seafood dishes will keep you coming back to try more. Jitlada: 5233 1/2 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027. (323) 663-3104.