Whether you live in or are just visiting, check out these 10 best things to do in the Midwest. No matter what your interests are, there is something here for everyone. The Midwest is home to an assortment of fun activities that people mat not have thought of. So, go have some fun and enjoy your time here in the great Midwest!
- Visit Chicago, Illinois. Spend some time in the windy city. Visiting Chicago is one of the best things to do in the Midwest because it has such an array of activities. For instance, you can take a trip to the top of Sears tower, spend sometime in the museums, or walk the paths along the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Visit Branson, Missouri. Branson is a great place to visit because it offers world-class entertainment for people of all ages. There are numerous shows people can see, or they can attend Silver Dollar City. To make it even better, the attractions are located around the beautiful Ozarks.
- Visit Mackinac Island, Michigan. The island is only accessible by boat, ferry, or small plane. Here, guests have the opportunity for hiking, biking, sailing, and horseback riding. It's both beautiful and tranquil. For these reasons, it's ranked high on the list of the best things to do in the Midwest.
- Visit Black Hills, South Dakota. Here, you can visit Mount Rushmore, which features the faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. Not only that, but there are numerous hiking trails and caves to be explored. In fact, the Black Hills are home to five different national parks and memorials.
- Visit Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. These two cities are commonly referred to as the "Twin Cities". There are many great things to do here, which is why it's made the list of the best things to do in the Midwest. There is a great music scene, including the Guthrie Theater. Another fun thing to do is to check out the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices.
- Visit Wisconsin Dells. It's located on the Wisconsin River and is considered one of the best things to do in the Midwest. In fact, the Wisconsin Dells is known as the water park capital of the world. Here, they have more than twenty different water park resorts, some of which are indoors and some which are outdoors.
- Visit Warrens, Wisconsin. Here is home to the Jellystone Campground Parks. Campers get the chance to see the infamous Yogi and Cindy Bear, as well as Boo Boo. Not only is camping available, but there are also water slides, hiking trails, and miniature golf available to partake in. For these reasons, it's made the list of the best things to do in the Midwest.
- Visit Norman, Indiana. Norman is located in the Hoosier National Forest. It's a great place to enjoy some bluegrass music, spend some time horseback riding, or to spend the night camping. If you've ever heard of the Midwest Trail Ride, you will discover that Norman is its home. Along with all of this, enjoy the great home cooked meals that are offered around the area.
- Visit Le Claire, Iowa. This is one of the best things to do in the Midwest for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it's home to Buffalo Bill. Second, it's fun to spend a day taking a cruise on the Mississippi River. Third, there are many cool antiques shops to check out when you feel like spending the day shopping.
- Visit St. Louis, Missouri. St. Louis is home to the Gateway Arch. Guests can actually ride to the top of the arch for an interesting scenic view. It's also home to a number of different corporations. Some of these include: Anheuser-Bush and Purina. For these reasons, visiting St. Louis has taken the final spot on the list of the best things to do in the Midwest
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …