If you need to tell your significant other it's time to hang it up, the 10 best time to say goodbye songs are a good way to set the mood for the breakup. Best saying goodbye songs signal the perfect time in a relationship to break ties. Some relationships drag on forever when both partners know the excitement is gone and simply let the relationship die over time. Other relationships explode like a supernova star and are over before anyone knows it. The kind of relationship that needs a signal that it's time to say goodbye is the one that is a black hole—the relationship offers nothing to either partner. For those couples, select a time to say goodbye song and play it for your partner to end the agony.
- "Time to Break Up" by Blink 182 This group puts out a clear message that it's "time to break up." The lyrics from this song is clear and a recording of Blink 182 is at the top of the best time to say goodbye song list.
- "Warning Sign" by Coldplay There are times in a relationship when either party can bow out gracefully and this best time to say goodbye tune is perfect for playing when you think you want to be the one to start the wrap up. The warning sign in this tune can be for either partner.
- "F* It" by Eamon For the couples who enjoy limited vocabularies, this best time to say goodbye song offers a quick and easy way to lay down the law. It's rude and if you want your break to be the same, put this one on the player.
- "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" by Phil Collins When you've given the relationship your all and it still doesn't work out, this song reminds your partner that it's tough to find love in the world. The original title of the tune was "How Can You Just Sit There" and this title may be better.
- "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. A classic tune for breaking up, R.E.M.'s lyrics show compassion but make it clear that the time is now to end an unfulfilling relationship. This tune shows you're not a cad.
- "Everyday I Love You Less and Less" by Kaiser Chiefs No one needs to fan the partner with a brick when this tune is selected for an important couple's event. This ditty by Kaiser Chief is for a mate who has run out of patience with the current relationship.
- "It's Over" by Roy Orbison The singer-songwriter Orbison nails the feelings of wonder when a relationship needs to call it quits in this tune. It's a classic for breaking up and Orbison's voice is so smooth, the song may just make the split easier to discuss.
- "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley The late, great Mr. Buckley offers up a tune perfect for saying goodbye. This song is appropriate for relationships marked by a series of reconciliation that never quite work out.
- "Leavin' On Your Mind" by Patsy Cline Ms. Cline offers a soulful tune about ruminating on a time to leave in this classic 1960s tune. Although in this song the woman takes a passive seat to the male making the decision to leave, this song may be the perfect fit for your situation.
- "Lost Cause" by Beck One of the best time to say goodbye songs is part of the Beck catalog. When love is lost, it's time to move on and Beck lays out certain types of love as a "lost cause." This tune is good for part of a pair to play when the relationship is terminal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.