No other films can provide the same inspiration, enthusiasm, and emotional firepower as the 10 best underdog movies. They feature unlikely heroes, underrated champions, and fan favorites.
- "Rudy" The classic chant of "Rudy!" helped this film make the list of the ten best underdog movies.
- "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" This movie had to make the list: the word "underdog" is even in the title!
- "Miracle" For some reason, Americans competing against Soviets still seems to stir up something special inside anyone from the United States. In this true story about the 1980 Winter Olympics, the U.S. men's hockey team pulls off an enormous upset.
- "The Karate Kid" You can't help but love Daniel and Mr. Miyagi, and hate those Cobra Kai jerks.
- "The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" Who says all underdog movies have to be about sports? Who is more underdog than two hobbits who have to traverse dangerous lands on a quest to save the world?
- "The Shawshank Redemption" Andy Dufresne might well be the most patient underdog in the history of film, waiting 20 years to realize his dream.
- "Happy Gilmore" You have to respect a man who is competing in order to help his grandma. You also want to root for him because he's going up against a cocky guy named "Shooter."
- "300" 300 Spartan soldiers going up against a million Persian ones? That sounds like the perfect plot for a film on the ten best underdog movies list!
- "Revenge of the Nerds" This might be the most satisfying of any of these movies for anyone who's ever been picked on, beat up, or laughed at.
- "Rocky" The ultimate of all underdog movies, "Rocky" gives us a hero who can go the distance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …