Whether you’re re-locating or visiting, you should make it a mission to try most, if not all of these restaurants included in the 10 best Upper West Side restaurants in NYC.
- Shake Shack. For tasty and filling comfort food, there’s nothing like the Shake Shack, which critics often name the best Upper West Side restaurant in NYC. Cheese fries, grape sodas, hamburgers, Shake Shack is definitely not for the carb-conscious. Shake Shack: 366 Columbus Ave., New York, NY 10024.
- Gray’s Papaya. They serve up the most famous hot dogs in all of New York City, and have an Upper West Side location, right on Broadway. Gray’s Papaya: 2090 Broadway Ste 1, New York, NY 10023.
- Pio Pio. If you are in the mood for something a bit more exotic, head to Pio Pio, the best Upper West Side restaurant in NYC for Peruvian cuisine. Try the Picante de Camarones. Pio Pio: 702 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025.
- Rosa Mexicano. It’s not just about tacos and burritos at this upscale Upper West Side joint. Rosa Mexicano is Mexican dining at its very finest. Bring a date and blow her mind, as well as her taste buds. Rosa Mexicano: 61 Columbus Ave., New York, NY 10023.
- Sarabeth’s. This cute café is the best Upper West Side restaurant in NYC to have breakfast at. Sarabeth’s, 423 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10024.
- Saigon Grill. Tasty, spicy, and healthy. If you’ve never had Vietnamese food before, this is the place to try it. Saigon Grill: 620 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10024.
- Gennaro. The food is so good at this neighborhood joint that you might have to struggle for a table. It’s well worth it, though, Gennaro is the best Upper West Side restaurant in NYC for Italian cuisine. Gennaro: 665 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025.
- Calle Ocho. In the mood for spicy Latin cuisine, but can’t decide between Mexican, Cuban, Peruvian, or the myriad other flavors represented by these flavorful nations? At Calle Ocho, a restaurant specializing in New Latin fusion cooking, you can have a little bit of everything. Calle Ocho: 446 Columbus Ave., New York, NY 10024.
- Carmine’s. This famous Italian eatery gets our vote for the best Upper West Side restaurant in NYC for a family dinner. Carmine’s, 2450 Broadway, New York, NY 10024.
- Land Thai Kitchen. Land Thai is one of the best Thai restaurants you’ll find anywhere in New York City. Land Thai Kitchen, 450 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10024.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.