10 Best USA Soccer Players
The 10 Best U.S. Soccer Players are all prestigious athletes with impressive game skills. Their statistics don't lie, they are exceptional players who have made incredible careers for themselves. If you are interested in the U.S.'s elite soccer players, these are the ones to keep your eye on.
- Shannon Boxx. Playing for the USA National team, she scored an impressive eight goals in 2004. She was a strong player for the U.S. World Cup team, starting many games before her knee surgery. She even won the gold medal during the Olympic games in China.
- Landon Donovan. Appearing in the ESPN Top World Cup Soccer Players list, Landon Donovan has been a key asset to the US team. With 120 appearances, he's made an impressive 42 goals. His playing style is creative and determined, making him a marvel on the field.
- Heather O'Reilly. An expert midfielder, Ms. O'Reilly is known for her exceptional playing technique. Playing for the US National Team, she appeared 122 times, making an astounding 25 goals. She also won the gold medal with the USWNT team in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics.
- Tim Howard. He has played as an exceptional goalie for the US team. Playing as a goalie, he is known for his courage that lets him take risks in order to take effective, potentially painful, blocks. In 2009, he was even awarded the "Golden Glove" for being the best goalkeeper in the Confederations Cup.
- Hope Solo. Member of the US National Soccer team, Hope plays as an outstanding goalie. She was starting goalkeeper for the team in 2005. She once even went 1,054 minutes without letting a goal pass. Her impressive record as an exceptional goalkeeper makes her one of the 10 best USA soccer players.
- Oguchi Onyewu. With his impressive build, he stands as a strong defender, and impressive fort against any soccer player. He helped bring the US team to the Confederates Cup finale in 2009. With his impressive history as an outstanding player, he certainly is one of the 10 best USA soccer players.
- Mia Hamm. Although retired, she is still known as one of the best soccer players the US has ever had. In 1991 she was the youngest women's soccer player to ever win the women's world cup. Even her teammates knew her talent, as they chose her in 2004 to carry to U.S. flag after their gold metal victory at the world cup games.
Jozy Altidore. From South Florida, this outstanding soccer players plays quickly and flawlessly. He scored 6 impressive goals for the U.S. national team, with only thirteen appearances. His impressive record and strong build to fly past defenders makes him one of the best.
Clint Dempsey. When faced against Germany in the World Cup, he was the only U.S. soccer player to score against that brutal team. He is a defiant player, scoring seven goals with 27 appearances. He is a real asset to any team he plays on.
- Heather Mitts. She is a two time gold medalist playing for the U.S. National team in the 2004 and 2008 World Cup. Her athletic ability is not comparable to any other player. She plays with an agile, clean technique, making her one of the 10 best USA soccer players.