The 10 best vegetarian restaurants in Chicago offer a variety of dishes without meat. You can eat healthy and still have a delicious meal when you eat at these restaurants. You don’t have to leave the boundaries of Chicago to get the best vegetarian food.
- Karyn's Raw Vegan Gourmet Restaurant. If you’re ever in Chicago's Lincoln Park area, check out Karyn's Raw Vegan Gourmet Restaurant. Among the delicious menu items are the Spanish Ajo Soup, Pad Thai and nachos. The restaurant also offers Sunday brunch. Karyn's Raw Vegan Gourmet Restaurant: 1901 N. Halsted St., Chicago, IL 60614.
- The Chicago Diner. The Chicago Diner features an all vegetarian menu. You can dine in at this vegetarian restaurant or order a carry-out dish. If you’re in the mood for a drink, check out the vegan beers, organic wines and vegan shakes. The Chicago Diner: 3411 N. Halsted St., Chicago, IL 60657.
- Alice & Friends Vegetarian Café. One thing patrons love about Alice & Friends Vegetarian Café is that it’s vegetarian dishes are Asian cuisine. There are also some pretty tasty meat substitutions in the dishes. Among the dishes are smoked veggie duck and “beef” skewers. Alice & Friends Vegetarian Café: 5812 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60660.
- Amitabul. This vegetarian restaurant claims to serve healing Buddhist spiritual vegan cuisine. It offers a simple menu with some tasty vegan choices. Amitabul: 6207 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60646.
- Cousin's Incredible Vitality. This is a raw food vegetarian restaurant featuring a salad bar, a fresh juice bar and Turkish food. If you’ve got a hearty appetite you may like the all-you-can-eat salad bar. Cousin's Incredible Vitality: 3038 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60618.
- Great Taste Café. This vegetarian restaurant offers local organic food for its patrons. You can get breakfast, lunch or an early dinner here. The Great Taste Cafe: 355 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611.
- Soul Vegetarian East. Those looking for a vegan version of soul food will want to consider Soul Vegetarian East. Some of the items on the menu have honey, but other than that this is a vegan restaurant. Soul Vegetarian East: 205 E. 75th St., Chicago, IL 60619.
- Delicious Café. Delicious Café offers vegan and American food. The menu includes sandwiches, pastries and tea. You can also pick up a cup of coffee and sit in their outdoor seating area. Delicious Café: 3827 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL 60613.
- Victory's Banner. This vegetarian restaurant offers American-style food for breakfast and lunch. Among the breakfast menu items are a variety of egg specials, pancakes and waffles. Victory's Banner: 2100 W. Roscoe St., Chicago, IL 60618.
- Udupi Palace. You’ll like the south Indian cuisine this vegetarian restaurant serves up. Among the menu items are Indian-style pancakes and vegetable pullav, which is steamed rice with lightly-seasoned mixed vegetables. Udupi Palace: 2543 W. Devon Ave., Chicago, IL 60659.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.