The ten best Victorian mansions refer to structures that were built between 1837 and 1901, during the reign of Queen Victoria. This style became so popular that it didn’t end there. Many people are in love with this type of architecture, which can still be seen all over the world today.
- Falcon Rest Mansion & Gardens, McMinnville, TN. This mansion was built with topnotch materials, elegance and great attention to detail. Today it offers guided tours, a history show and a beautiful courtyard for events. This Victorian mansion also holds class reunions, Christmas parties and business events.
- Abigail’s “Elegant Victorian Mansion”, Eureka, CA. This mansion is set in the redwoods of California and is highly recommended by the NY Times, The Wall Street Journal and AAA. This national historical landmark was built in 1886 with cathedral ceilings and spacious rooms. They also provide their guests a guided tour of Eureka in their 1929 Ford Model A.
- The Bishop’s Palace, Galveston, TX. This Victorian mansion was built on a small lot with three stories for the Colonel Walter Gresham and his wife, and it is also known as “Gresham House”. It is recognized today as one of America’s finest examples of Victorian excellence and luxury. Activities include private tours and a unique gift shop.
- Bechtel Victorian Mansion, East Berlin, PA. This Victorian mansion was built in 1897 and has six guest rooms. It’s decorated Victorian style, and furnished with period antiques, teddy bears and porcelain dolls. This is a must see for Victorian lovers.
- Casa Suspira, Ellenville, Catskills, NY. This seven bedroom, five bath Victorian home is nestled in the Catskill Mountains. Guests will enjoy cool summer nights and crisp winters with snow capped mountains. It’s located two hours from NYC and within ten minutes of ski resorts, making it a popular vacation spot.
- Stonehurst Manor, North Conway, NH. This incredible mansion is set on 33 rolling acres and offers 25 guest rooms. It was originally built as a summer estate house for Erastus Bigelow, founder of Bigelow carpeting. It offers exceptional mountain views and a peaceful Library Lounge.
- The Mansion Bed and Breakfast, Rock City Falls, NY. This Victorian mansion is located in Saratoga Springs and is a romantic getaway that offers luxurious rooms with private baths. With all its charm, this is one structure that can’t be left off the ten best Victorian mansions list.
- Morse-Libby House, Portland, OR. This is a beautiful structure with the design from the pre-Civil War era. This mansion is home to many educational offerings, such as public lectures, specialized tours, readings and discussion groups. They are all focused on 19th century topics and school groups are also welcome.
- Galena’s Premier Bed and Breakfast, Galena, IL. This Victorian mansion had famous visitors such a Ulysses S. Grant and sits on one and a half acres. The balcony overlooks a beautiful English garden and there are eight guest rooms to choose from. Egyptian linens and fireplaces make this one of the ten best Victorian mansions.
- House of Broel’s, New Orleans, LA. This mansion is home to a Wedding Chapel and Dollhouse Museum. It was built in 1850 with southern charm and hospitality that can still be seen today. They offer intimate ceremonies and tours and there is even a book dedicated to this mansion making it one of the most interesting Victorian mansions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.