10 Best Video Games For Playstation 2
If you're looking to find the 10 best video games for Playstation 2, then look no further because they don't get any better than this. Much like its original counterpart, the Playstation 2 continued to deliver plenty of groundbreaking and memorable titles to the video gaming industry which sparked amazement amongst players. From stealth-actio to open-ended environments to survival horror to street racing to third-person shooters, and more, take your pick.
- "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas". Before the series' transitioned over to the Xbox 360 with "Grand Theft Auto IV," this game was the highest point of evolution that the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise ever experienced. With outstanding gameplay mechanics, new vehicles, better upgrades, plus hundreds of missions and additional features, this is easily the best Playstation 2 game ever made.
- "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty". This first sequel to the ultra Playstation blockbuster "Metal Gear Solid" which set the standard for the stealth-action genre in video games. The sequel continued with cinema-stylized gameplay, excellent characters, and a huge emphasis on stealth over visibility.
- "God of War". This action-adventure game put the Playstation 2 console to good use with not only its visuals but in terms of control mechanics and story-telling as well. 'God of War' is truly an epic Playstation 2 game that immerses players into its world of Greek mythology.
- "Hitman Trilogy". There's no better way to experience this stealth-action series than in this triple compilation pack that includes all-three games–"Hitman 2: Silent Assassin," "Hitman: Contracts," and "Hitman: Blood Money." As "Agent 47", your core object in every level is to eliminate your assigned targets with a variety of options and weapons at your fingertips.
- "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City". This chapter in the 'Grand Theft Auto' franchise immersed players into the world of the 1980's–Music, clothing, vehicles, lingo, and beyond–it's all here. After "Grand Theft Auto III" upgraded the series to the world of 3D gaming, "Vice City" stepped in, adding much more flare and fun things to do.
- "Resident Evil 4". Ever since its early beginnings on the original Playstation console, the "Resident Evil" series has always been the top choice for the genre of survival horror. That legacy continues in "Resident Evil 4" which makes full use of the Playstation 2 console with better controls, graphics, and a whole slew of juicy weapons and missions to take part in.
- "Max Payne". This third-person shooter ranks as one of the best Playstation 2 games ever made. Having been one of the first games to make use of 'bullet-time' from the "The Matrix Trilogy", "Max Payne" packs a gritty atmosphere with its film noir stylized plot, graphic novel cut scenes, and enthralling action that director John Woo would be proud of.
- "Silent Hill 2". This sequel continues the #2 franchise (the "Silent Hill" franchise, of course) in the survival horror genre with advanced graphics, sound, and one downright scary plot. 'Silent Hill 2' uses what made the first one work and pushes it further - a sense of endless dread in the atmosphere, one that constantly haunts you throughout the game.
- "Need for Speed: Most Wanted". This entry into the popular "Need for Speed' franchise has players strive to become the best street racer ever while trying to evade the police and outrun fellow racers in order to move up in the ranks of street racing. The racing genre has never seen such sharp visuals, fine AI, and amazing sound effects on the Playstation 2.
- "Bully". Engineered by the same creators behind the "Grand Theft Auto" series, "Bully" explores a different kind of open-ended world, one set within and around an educational institution where players must confront bullies, irrational teachers, and many more difficult characters. Just like the "GTA" games, players can earn cash and participate in subplots.