Anyone considering a career in voice acting will be wondering about the 10 best voice acting schools. In reality, the quality or ranking of the school is far less important compared to the type of actor being trained and the type of work desired. Many schools that have drama and theater or acting programs also offer courses on voice acting, and there really is no substitute for practice.
- Voice Overs 101: This is an online training program that runs for 60-days and offers a certificate upon completion. There is no limit to the class size, since the entire program is online, and the requirements to attend are quite minimal. http://www.vo101.com/online.html
- Academy of Art University: Offering certificates as well as Associates, Bachelors, and Graduate degree programs including distance learning. They offer a variety of programs for art and animation, as well as a program focusing on voice acting. Academy of Art University, Admissions Department, 79 New Montgomery Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105-3410; Telephone: (800) 544-2787 (Within US only) or (415) 274-2200
- New York University Tisch School of the Arts Asia: Located on Broadway in New York City, this school offers a program in voice acting as well as other performing arts majors and artistic fields such as animation. NYU Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway, New York, 10003; Telephone: (212) 998-1820
- Aa California Institute of Creative Arts (CICA): With small classes and a professional staff, the CICA offers a variety of programs including voice acting and online courses. http://www.calinstitute.com ; Glendale, CA; Telephone: (213) 925-3003
- Aliso Creek Voice Over Workshops: In Burbank, California, the Aliso Creek Voice Over Workshops do not feature a certificate or degree program but so offer voice acting and online courses for small classes, and private training as well, in six-week courses. Aliso Creek Voice Over Workshops, PO Box 10006, Burbank, CA 91510; Telephone: (818) 954-9931
- Anthony Reece Character Voices: Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, this school offers voice over training through a variety of programs and workshops, including some for children and private lessons. Animation Voice Actor, PO Box 272441, Fort Collins, CO 80527; Telephone: (970) 223-3659
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh: Voice acting is just one of the many performing arts programs offered here in a variety of undergraduate programs. Online courses are also available. Art Institute of Pittsburgh, 420 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15219; Telephone: (800) 275-2470
- The Voice Acting Academy: Classroom and tele-course offerings for many aspects of voice acting and perfecting the art of voice overs, this academy has courses running from shout workshops to six- or eight-week long programs. Voice Acting, LLC, 13639 Freeport Road, San Diego, CA 92129; Telephone: (858) 484-0220
- Cogswell Polytechnical College: Located in Sunnyvale, California, Cogswell offers Bachelors Degree programs in performing arts and animation as well as voice acting. They also have small classes, average a 10:1 student to teacher ratio. Cogswell Polytechnical College, Admission Department, 1175 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089; Telephone: (800) 264-7955
- Florida Atlantic University: Offering undergraduate and graduate level degree programs in small classes for voice acting and other performing arts focuses, Florida Atlantic offers some online courses and out-of-state fee waivers can be requested to gain in-state tuition rates. Florida Atlantic University, Center for Electronic Communication, Askew Tower, 111 Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301; Telephone: (954) 762-5618
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.