The 10 best water polo players ever have great skill and talent. Men’s water polo was introduced in 1900 at the Olympics and women’s water polo was introduced at the Olympics in 2000. Water polo is played in the water with six players plus one goalie. Water polo has been compared to ice hockey. Here are the 10 best water polo players ever.
- Adam Wright. Adam is one of best water polo players in history. In 2009, Adam became the head coach of the UCLA Bruins Men’s Water Polo team. He was previously the assistant coach for the men’s and women’s water polo teams.
- Yvette Higgins. Yvette is one of the best water polo players ever. She is best known for scoring the winning goal in the 2000 Summer Olympics. She is now a coach at Sydney University for the women’s water polo team.
- Tony Azevedo. Tony has been named one of the best water polo players ever. While in college for four years, he was named The Most Outstanding Player of the Year all four years.
- Brenda Villa. Brenda plays for the United States National and Olympic teams. She began playing water polo at the age of 8. In 2002, she won the Peter J Cutino award for the Best College Female Water Polo Player in the United States.
- Ryan Bailey. Ryan is part of the United States Men’s National Water Polo team. At the 2008 Beijing Olympics, his team won the silver medal.
- Erika Figge. Erika is part of the United states Women’s National Water Polo team. She is considered one of the best water polo players because she has placed 1stfive times in international competitions.
- Brandon Brooks. Brandon was a water polo goalie for UCLA. He is now the head coach of the women’s water polo team at UCLA and an assistant coach to the USA water polo women’s senior nationals’ team.
- Maureen O’Toole. Maureen has been in the water polo sport for over 30 years. She is one of the best water polo players because of all her amazing achievements. She won the Most Valuable Player of the United States Women’s National Team 15 times and winning six times as the World Water Polo Female Athlete of the Year.
- Jesse Smith. Jesse is a member of the United States Men’s National Water Polo team. At the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the USA team won the silver medal.
- Elizabeth Armstrong. Elizabeth is a water polo goalkeeper. She won the gold medal at the 2007 Pan American games with the United States Women’s national Water Polo Team.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.