The 10 best wedding cake cutting songs reflects slicing, cutting, love and marriage. There's nothing like taking a loving bite of wedding cake following nuptials. The wedding atmosphere shouldn't be silent enough to hear a cake crumb drop. Give the cake cutting moment a dash of uplifting spice to go with each slice.
From funny to serious songs in a world joined together comes a wedding cake memory that can mean more than just a stab at a bottom layer or a cake in the face. Which wedding cake songs would be perfect for a time like this? We have some truly gifted and comical picks.
- "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker A popular wedding song shares a lasting, tasty angle, but not by cake alone. This Anita Baker song comes with two wedding notes merged as one: "Sweet Love."
- "At Last" by Etta James Yes, Etta James needs no introduction. "At Last" is a classic wedding song that can bring the magic since the time finally has come to cut that wedding cake.
- "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies may be tucked away in any closet but break it out for that cake cutting time and watch the smiles climb all the way to the top of the cake.
- "Recipe For Making Love" by Harry Connick, Jr. Casual keyed with classic sounds in vocals, this song offers a recipe for love in this wedding cake song.
- "The Sweetest Thing" by U2 "The Sweetest Thing" is not a song that can be used only during the wedding cake cutting moment. This song can be used during the sweetest slow dance hour on the dance floor.
- "Cut the Cake" by Average White Band A classic that deserves another serving assists in bringing back that cool beat of 1975 with a splash of cake.
- "Cups and Cakes" by Spinal Tap The band who could make steel rods at playgrounds melt came out with this funny little song attached to the simple message surrounding cups and cakes. This tune could leave some scratching their heads while others may want to turn the volume up to eleven.
- "Slicin' Sand" by Elvis Presley should be played for anyone cutting the cake in a beach location. Let the King open up that cake cutting event.
- "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar should be played the moment a new spouse plans on splashing the other with the first fresh slice of cake.
- "Mack the Knife" by Frank Sinatra and Jimmy Buffett is for those with a dark comical side about to slice that pearly white cake. Frankie and Jimmy offer a cool, breezy sound with that wise guy flavor. This song is fun and out of sight for any humorous wedding moment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.