The 10 best weekend getaways in the northeast are a mix of college towns, modern cities, and historic seaports. Whether you are looking for a place to go kayaking and hiking or want to wander down historic city streets, the northeast has a wealth of choices on offer.
- New York City, NY. With landmarks such as the Empire State Building and Central Park, it is easy to see why New York City is one of the best weekend getaways in the northeast. Take in the neon lights of Times Square or catch a Broadway show.
- Boston, MA. Rich in history and character, Boston is one of the best weekend getaways in the northeast. Wander the Freedom Trail, watch the boats on the Charles River or shop ‘til you drop on Newbury Street.
- Martha’s Vineyard, MA. One of the best weekend getaways in the northeast, Martha’s Vineyard is situated eight miles off the coast of Cape Cod. Take a stroll along one of the many unspoiled beaches to see for yourself why this place is so popular.
- Nantucket, MA. A former whaling port, Nantucket is a colorful collection of quaint houses and winding streets. One of the best weekend getaways in the northeast, Nantucket is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Burlington, VT. The largest city in Vermont, Burlington is a pretty college town close to Lake Champlain. With its pedestrian friendly downtown area and close proximity to places of natural beauty such as the Green Mountains, Burlington is one of the best weekend getaways in the northeast.
- Newport, RI. The smallest state in the United States is also home to some of the largest old houses in the country. A place of summer mansions, sailing boats and waterfront restaurants, it is easily one of the best places to vacation in.
- Concord, NH. Stay in the state capital of New Hampshire and follow in the footsteps of Abraham Lincoln. Visit the oldest state house in the country or explore the covered bridges and rural farmlands of the neighboring counties.
- Philadelphia, PA. The city of brotherly love has a lot to offer for weekend visitors. From the Liberty Bell to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, there is an endless amount of things to do and see on a weekend getaway.
- Niagara Falls, NY. One of the most famous natural attractions in the United States, Niagara Falls makes an ideal destination for a weekend break. Take a boat ride through the falls or shop ‘til you drop at the outlet mall.
- Eastport, ME. Eastport is a small waterfront city with an artistic air. In the harbor dozens of sail boats and yachts sit in mooring and along the front are a choice of restaurants and shops to browse. Nearby is the Shackford Head State Park where outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the wonderful Maine scenery.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.