These 10 best weekend getaways in Washington State give residents great options for a little fun. Sometimes change is the only way to clear the air and visiting a new area can spark a sense of renewal. There are many places to unwind, stretch your legs and relax in Washington State. The state is filled with out of the way places for getaways to clear your thoughts. These places are not very far away, taking only a short drive, so the ten best getaways in Washington State are at your beck and call. These getaways will certainly give a new outlook on the world. Enjoy mountains, golf resorts and seaside adventures. Eat great food and relaxing accommodations. Take the short trip and return home rejuvenated, ready for a fresh start on that next big project.
- Olympic National Park, WA With its snow capped mountains and ocean breezes, Olympic National Park is one of the most spectacular destinations in the world to visit. A great place for hiking, biking and bird watching, Olympic National Park is a wonderful getaways in Washington State.
- Spokane Washington Campgrounds A great family vacation with cabins, fishing and golfing. A diversified range of activities to suite a splendid family vacation.
- Seattle, Washington Absorb the wonder of this naturally sophisticated city. Tour Seattle, Washington by transit or bicycle; the city is very inexpensive to get around in. Take a self-guided walking tour and stop by at the long-standing Pike’s Market, a city landmark. See items made by craftsman from all over the area. Walk along the Green Lake Trail and enjoy the ecosystem.
- Whidbey Island Clinton, WA The State Park area is beautiful and so easy to reach from the city. Camp out and have a wonderful time on family outings. Spend time sailing or fishing.
- Mount Rainier This beautiful area overlooks paradise valley. This is a relatively short distance from Seattle with cabins and bed and breakfasts for rent. Snoqualmie Falls drops 268 feet and three volcanoes sit in the wake. Spend the weekend biking or hiking the wonderland of Washington State for a weekend getaway.
- San Juan and Orcas Island Anacortes, WA Spend the weekend watching sea life off the coast of Washington State. Observe Orcas whales, porpoise, Humpback whales and other amazing sea creatures. This area is an enjoyable spot to visit.
- Walla Walla Valley There is no need to travel to California or Bordeaux, France; there are over 100 wineries in the Walla Walla valley area to satisfy your interest in wine tasting. There are scheduled wine tasting events in the area for wine lovers of all styles.
- Columbia Basin Go bird watching in this area of Washington State. The variety of land and lakes create a beautiful and lush bird habitat for species of all kinds.
- Hells Canyon Visit this spectacular spot, the deepest canyon in the United States. The canyon is beautiful and there are many vehicle access places. Go boating, hiking or fishing and camping in this special natural formation.
- Puget Sound Region The ocean eases into land by way of this famous water way. The area is heavily populated yet a great place to visit with access to many cities and the Archipelago close by has access to the Cascade Mountains.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.