Listed below are the 10 best weekend getaways on the west coast. From Washington through Oregon to Southern California, the west coast has countless pleasant weekend getaways that are great for people with varying interests who live nearby. All you need is a car and enough luggage to get you through the weekend to visit any of these spots. Following are the ten best weekend getaways on the west coast.
- Olympic National Park Located in coastal Washington, lush, green west coast forests dominate this park, which has astounding wildlife. Camping, hiking and sightseeing are top recreations here.
- Napa Valley For couples, the wine country of Napa Valley is unbeatable. The beautiful terrain in a rustic setting attracts people to this part of California located just northeast of the Bay Area.
- Yosemite National Park Found east of San Francisco, Yosemite is one of the most naturally beautiful parks in the nation. For outdoor lovers, it is certainly one of the best weekend getaways on the west coast.
- Palm Springs Just a couple of hours from Los Angeles, Palm Springs is one of the best weekend getaways in the west. Golf and sightseeing in this beautiful environment are some of the attractions that draw people in on the weekends.
- Crater Lake National Park Crater Lake in Oregon is a lake that formed in the caldera of a volcano. Wonderful wildlife and remarkable scenery are available for anyone who treks to this park for the weekend.
- Mount Rainier Located in Southwestern Washington, Mount Rainier and the beautiful areas around it are absolutely breathtaking. For families living in the Northwest, this is an excellent weekend getaway that gets you and yours close to nature.
- Puget Sound This body of water in Northern Washington has wonderful surroundings and a laid-back atmosphere on shore. Lodges and hotels in the area cater to sightseers and people who like to hunt and fish.
- Huntington Beach Located in Orange County, California, Huntington Beach is a great weekend spot for surfers and beachgoers in the warmer months. It is particularly appealing to young people.
- Mammoth Mountain Located in Eastern California, Mammoth has some of the best winter sports activities, which are available most of the year. Skiers, snowboarders and other winter lovers are sure to have a blast at Mammoth.
- Muir Woods For anyone living in or within a few hours of the Bay Area, Muir Woods is an excellent spot for a weekend getaway. Not too far from San Francisco and Oakland, hiking, beachgoing and nature watching are all great activities here.
Above are the ten best weekend getaways on the west coast of the United States. All of them have excellent activities which various people with different interests can participate in and anyone is sure to have a blast visiting these travel spots.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.