The 10 Best Wheat Beers may not be easily accessible to every part of the country, yet that should not keep you from tasting them. Wheat beers range in color from light to golden amber and provide a crispy, yet sometimes slightly acidic taste without any bitterness. Purchasing these wheat beers online is a great way to experience a beverage that is normally out of reach.
- New Glarus Cracked Wheat Ale. This ale is brewed by New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, Wisconsin. Votes as the best wheat beer by many beer lovers, this American Pale Ale is made with Wisconsin Red Wheat that provides a thick creamy head at the top of your glass. Taste the clove, cinnamon, and citrus in this beer made with a secret blend of Bavarian Weiss yeast.
- Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat. Boulevard Brewing Company in Kansas City is responsible for one of the best wheat beers available. This is a refreshing and lively ale that contains Magnum and Simcoe hops, pale malt, and unmalted Soft Red Winter Wheat. Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat beer has a light citrusy flavor and is cloudy in appearance.
- Sam Adams Summer Ale. This is a great American wheat beer that uses grains of Paradise, a rare pepper from Africa. With a lemon zest, this is a great wheat beer for the summer months and goes well with chicken and shrimp.
- Erdinger Weissbeir. A classic German wheat beer that is cloudy because it is unfiltered and bottle conditioned. Traditionally, this beer is served with a lemon slice to bring out the Banana and spice aromas, with a touch of grass and lemon.
- Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrub. Brewed by Paulaner Salvator Thomasbraeu AG in Germany. This cloudy orange colored beer has an off white, slightly yellowish head emits pineapple, banana, sweet malts, and bubblegum aromas. This is a smooth, easy drinking German wheat beer that is highly rated with beer aficionados world-wide.
- Three Floys Gumballhead. Munster, Indiana, home of Three Floyds Brewing Company created this straw colored citrusy American Wheat Beer. This is a summer brew with Red Wheat and Amarillo hops. Yeast is added to the bottle for a secondary fermentation, which causes a slight haze.
- Flossmoor Station Rot Geist American Red Wheat. Brewed by Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery in Flossmoor, Illinois. A delicious hoppy beer with a reddish hue and creamy head, this beer’s flavor is a bit sharp, dry, and piney, but at the same time light and refreshing at the same time.
- CalumetWheat. Rowlands Calument Brewery in Chilton, Wisconsin produces one of the best wheat beers in the area. This southern German style wheat beer is uniquely brewed with a technique of using larger yeast and boiling it for an extremely long time. This is a mild beer with a smooth taste and a sweet finish. No lemon needed!
- Southern Tier Heavy Weizen. This beer is brewed in Lakewood, New York by the Southern Tier Brewing Company. This wheat beer uses large quantities of North American malted barley and wheat, European hops, and wonderful spicy aromas. This beer is unfiltered so some yeast can be found at the bottom of the bottle. This medium bodied beer has a taste that intertwines sweetness and spiciness.
- Flying Fish Exit 11. In Cherry Hill, New Jersey, Fly Fishing Brewing Company makes this beer with a bouquet reminiscent of tangerines and apricots. With a golden amber hue and a generous white head, this beer is as close to an IPA as wheat beer can get.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.