As the summer season approaches, many vacationers are looking for the 10 best white water rafting destinations in America. What better way to cool off from the summer heat than by rafting down a river surrounded by gorgeous scenery?
- Colorado River, Arizona. When looking for the best places for white water rafting in America, nothing tops the beauty of the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, Arizona. While rafting through the Grand Canyon, you can truly experience the Indian ruins that can only be accessed by rafting.
- Colorado River/Green River, Colorado. Rafting in the Moab desert is a dream come true for those looking for the best places for white water rafting in America. The opportunity to choose from over 60 rapids, including one through Desolation Canyon, a canyon deeper than even the Grand Canyon, will make this a trip to remember.
- Glacier National Park, Montana. With its beautiful mountain backdrop, Glacier National Park in Montana is easily a choice destination for white water rafting in America. The Montana Raft Company offers trips ranging from half a day up to three days, and for those who are hesitant about hard-core rafting, float trips are available.
- Arkansas River, Colorado. For those who are vacationing in nearby Denver or Colorado Springs, the Arkansas River is one of the best places for white water rafting. With the Rocky Mountains as your backdrop, nothing will top the experience of rafting down the river in either Browns Canyon or the Royal Gorge.
- Peshtigo and Menominee Rivers, Wisconsin. If excitement is what you’re looking for in the Midwest, these rivers are some of the best destinations for white water rafting in America. The Menominee River provides the highest volume rapids in the region, while the Peshtigo is a perfect spot for beginners to learn the ropes.
- Penobscot River, Maine. For individuals vacationing in the northeast, the Penobscot River in Maine is a great rafting destination. With its huge, rollercoaster-like waves and the mountainous backdrop, this is a destination for true white water rafters.
- Chattooga River, Georgia/Tennessee. When vacationing in the south, find your way to the Chattoga River at the Georgia/Tennessee border to discover one of the most exciting places for white water rafting in the US. Individuals have the opportunity to float down some of the rivers used in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics while taking in the beauty of the East Tennessee mountains.
- Lehigh River, Pennsylvania. For beginners and families, the Lehigh River in Pennsylvania is a great choice for white water rafting in America. Located in the western Pocono Mountains, the river flows through the majestic Lehigh Gorge State Park and is calm enough for those who are just getting started in rafting to enjoy learning the ropes without feeling overwhelmed.
- Gauley River, West Virginia. If you’re an experienced rafter seeking a thrill ride, the Gauley River in West Virginia is an excellent choice for the best places for white water rafting in America. The river is constantly referred to as one of the world’s top ten destinations and features big waves, steep drops and massive holes that only the best can effectively master.
- Delaware River, New York. For tourists visiting New York City, a day of adventure is a great way to break away from the crowded tourist spots and to enjoy the beauty New York has to offer. The Upper Delaware River is the longest free-flowing river in the Northeast and will provide a day of memories in the beautiful scenery in the valley between the Catskill and Pocono Mountain ranges, making this a great destination for white water rafting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.