You've got the booze and you've got the crowd—now all you need is a mix of the 10 Best Wild Party Songs to set it off right. Finding the right party songs means finding the best balance of raucous and rude. You want to choose songs that people know well enough to sing along (even if they've had a few too many), but that aren't so overplayed that just hearing that first note causes an angry rumble.
- "One More Time" by Daft Punk – The number one (more time) on the list of 10 Best Wild Party Songs is the French duo's most joyous dance floor classic. If no moves are being busted to this, chances are your party is going nowhere.
- "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine" by James Brown – The call-and-response vocals exhorting the crowd to "Get up!" "Get on up!" make this a perfect jam for taking the party from standing still to moving fast.
- "Hot in Herre" by Nelly – Any song that instructs its listeners to take off all of their clothes over an irresistible beat is a winner. It became a bit overplayed when it was first released, but it's been long enough. Listen for the "OOHHHHH Shhhh*@! I used to loooove this song" hollers when people hear this song at a party.
- "Jump Around" by House of Pain – Chances are, you know way more lyrics to this one than you'd like to admit. And after three or four beers, you'll be happy to rap along…and jump around.
- "Superfreak" by Rick James - The slinky bassline may have been sampled by MC Hammer, but it can still make just about anyone get up and move.
- "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys – The perfect song for swaying back and forth and yelling along with a pint of beer in each hand.
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC – Drunken bridesmaid music never sounded so dirty; this is an obvious but perfect choice to get a party wild.
- "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones – Short, quick, to-the-point—riffs and shouts and everybody likes the Ramones. Wild. Party. Time. Guaranteed.
- "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince – Few artists can move as many behinds as Prince, and this is one of his most party-friendly songs. Try sitting still at a party when this song comes on. We dare you.
- "You're Crazy" by Guns N' Roses – From the same album ("Appetite for Destruction") that spawned all of GNR's overplayed hits, this may be their most riotous, frenzied song.
Turn up the stereo and hit the floor—but don't wake the neighbors, unless you plan on inviting them, too.