If you know you need to go workout but just aren't in the mood, grab our list of the ten best workout songs from 2008. These songs will make it a little easier to get through that last mile on the treadmill.
- "Low" by Flo Rida In order to make the list of ten best workout sounds of 2008, the song has to make you want to move. If this hip hop hit does not make you want to move, you must not be breathing.
- "4 Minutes" by Madonna with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland The lyrics of a workout song are not the most important element. That's a good thing because this song from Madonna's "Hard Candy" album has a serious message about saving the world, but its uptempo beat makes it a great workout song.
- "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls If you have ever seen the Pussycat Dolls, you know that they are all in incredible shape. Dancing to songs like this, we can understand why.
- "I Don't Care" by Fallout Boy Even though a great workout song does not have to have great lyrics, it is nice when it does. This rock hit from 2008 gets your blood pumping and gives you great lines like, "Take a chance, let your body get a tolerance/I'm not a chance but a heatwave in your pants." Who wouldn't want to workout to a song like that?
- "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield "Take me away," Bedingfield sings. This is good song to have in your IPod on a long run on a sunny day.
- "Citizen/Soldier" by 3 Doors Down Written to honor the United States National Guard, this song makes the list of ten best workout songs of 2008 on its inspirational element alone. The driving guitar does help, too. You'll get an added boost to your workout if you also happen to be watching the video.
- "So What" by Pink Songs about getting over your ex often make good workout songs. This one by Pink is one of the best of 2008. Sentiments such as, "I got a brand new attitude/And I'm gonna wear it tonight" are bound to pump you up.
- "Disturbia" by Rihanna Songs that are popular on the dance floor are surefire workout sounds. Rihanna makes the list of ten best workout songs of 2008 with this hit that has the type of beat that might keep you on the elliptical trainer a little while longer.
- "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven The band sings, "I want to make you move/Because you're standing still" and we just want to get up and hit the gym. Pounding drums, a little screaming screaming guitar and some urgent lyrics all equal a great workout song.
- "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay Strings in a workout song? Yes, when the strings sound as good at they do in 'Viva la Vida." While this is not as uptempo as most of the songs on our list and you probably can't dance to it, it's the perfect song for a long afternoon on your road bike.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.