The 10 best workout songs 2010 blend a lot of the year's best hits with some of the most hardcore rhythms, lyrics and anthems we've seen this year. Of course, we might have thrown a little cheese in there, but that's only because the Billboard charts-and iTunes-have proven these songs perfect for the masses.
- “Run This Town” Jay-Z ft. Kanye West & Rihanna. Between traveling the world with his hot wife Beyonce and having lunch with President Obama, Jay-Z revved up workouts with this dark, heavy bass-hitting anthem.
- “New Divide” Linkin Park. Hybrid rockers Linkin Park have always been great for heart-pumping musical fare. “New Divide” is sure to keep your heart rate up as you burn off steam on the trail or as you pump.
- “Hotel Room Service” Pitbull. Cuban artist Pitbull creates song hit after song hit. Play his music during an intense HIIT-training session and enjoy it later on at the strip club when your favorite dancer works it in the VIP Room.
- “I’m Back” TI. Atlanta rapper TI’s debut single after his year-long prison bid has all the bass you need to stay motivated and on point in this bass-heavy, rap hit song.
- “Blowin’ Money Fast (BMF)” Rick Ross ft. Styles P. Hard-hitting Miami rapper Rick Ross might have caught controversy for being a former corrections officer, but “BMF” will definitely inspire your workout with its iron-pumping, testosterone feel.
- “Rock Star” Rihanna ft. Slash. Urban pop meets rock in this guitar-laden hit song from Baja princess Rihanna. Best of all, her frisky lyrics allow you to imagine you’re pumping the island beauty while you pump iron.
- “I Like It” Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull. "Jersey Shore"’s summer anthem moves the honeys but it’s also great for a quick cardio boost.
- “The Joker and the Thief” Wolf Mother. Wolf Mother's song is an intense sports track. The New York Rangers even dig it and use it on their power plays. You will, too.
- “The Fixer” Pearl Jam. One hundred fifty two beats per minute, Pearl Jam gives you the goods to pound it out in a good, cardio-boosting sweat session.
- “Boom Boom Pow” Black Eyed Peas. By now, you hate it, we hate it-let's face it-everyone hates this song now, but there's definitely no denying the success of this uptempo track and the addictiveness of its techno-pop-rap fusion. BEP definitely knew how to keep the crowd pumping.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.