Looking for the 10 best wrestling moves for high school? High school wrestling is a competitive sport that requires a lot of work and a lot of practice, but to be the best, you’ll need to practice the best. Here is a list of the 10 best high school wrestling moves that you can practice and perfect to help on your road to being the best.
- Single-Leg Takedown. From the neutral position, a Single-Leg Takedown is one of the best high school wrestling moves you can perform. Set-up for the Single-Leg Takedown can be tricky, but with a quick, aggressive shot, a single-leg takedown can catch any opponent off guard and make for a quick two points.
- Double-Leg Takedown. Similar to the Single-Leg Takedown, the Double-Leg Takedown can be performed from the neutral position and also result in a quick two points. The Double-Leg takedown is one of the best high school wrestling moves because of its extreme effectiveness; when executed, you’ll have your opponent on the ground, facing up, doing his best to avoid a pin.
- Fireman’s Carry. Another effective takedown that can performed from the neutral position is the Fireman’s Carry. This move, which require both strength and quickness, is one of the best wrestling moves because of the positioning it offers after execution.
- Ankle pick. Some opponents make it difficult for a shot to be taken making it difficult for the three previous moves to be performed, but getting your opponent to the ground can still be accomplished with one, quick move: the Ankle Pick. Awareness and swift hands will be necessary, but the Ankle Pick is a low-risk move that will get your opponent to the ground.
- Leg Sweep. Another takedown that can be performed when shots are not open is the Leg Sweep. The Leg Sweep is one of the best wrestling moves because, when performed, it will take your opponent to the mat hard, resulting in a two-point takedown.
- Sprawl. The Sprawl is one of the best, defensive wrestling moves that a wrestler can perform, especially when facing an aggressive opponent who loves to shoot. Sprawling not only helps to avoid deep shots and takedowns, but puts you in a position for points to be scored.
- Granby. Making a reversal from the bottom position can be a crucial turning point in a match that puts momentum on your side. The Granby is one of the best wrestling moves a wrestler can perform to make a quick reversal and it may even lead to a match-ending pin.
- Bump to Tight-Waist. It can be very tough to take control of your opponent from the top position, but the Bump to Tight-Waist is one of the best wrestling moves to take your opponent to the mat and earn the two points of a takedown.
- Half-Nelson. The Half-Nelson is one of the best wrestling moves to perform when you’ve got your opponent on the ground and you’re ready to go for a pin. When the Half-Nelson is executed, it will put your opponent in a position that makes it very difficult to reverse.
- Cradle. Another pin maneuver that has proven to be one of the best high school wrestling moves is the Cradle. With a well-executed Cradle, control is in your hands leaving your opponent to struggle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.